Speedometer Needle

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have my cluster taken apart because the odometer is busted. I just need to take the needle out and im scared to pry harder than I already have been.

Any other way to take it out or do you just have to pull the sucker?

Oh, and do you know if you can swap odometers. For example: pull my odometer out of my dx cluster and put it in my SI cluster?

Thanks

toxicity359

5+ Year Member
Np sure about pulling it out, but ireplaced mt
Y cluster dunno if its legal or whatever, but I did rofl

toxicity359

5+ Year Member
You will have to replace your speedometer cluster, sorry i was in school when i sent the post before. but yes you will need to find a speedometer cluster that will fit your car, its fairly easy to replace but i also work at a honda dealership what year are your cars? :P

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's what i'm trying to avoid. i believe i can swap my odometer from my original cluster.

but i need to know how to take the speedometer needle off. or else i'm just going to try to yank it out...but i'm scared it'll be another 120 bones for a new speedometer

BUMP

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you pull the needle off you will uncalibrate the gauge. basically the shaft will wind back up.. when then needle rests on 0mph it prevents the shaft from turning back

baller7764

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just get 2 small flathead screwdrivers and pry that sucker off at the base. And yes you can swap your odometer. After you get the faceplate off you can just unscrew the odometer and put it in your new cluster.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude im telling you, if you pull the needle off the speedo wont work right anymore

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i already popped the needle off with pliers. it worked fine.

the first time i reapplied it, it went right to 24mph when i turned the motor on, so then i knew that i just didn't put the needle back in the correct spot.

so i took the needle out again, turned on the engine, then sitting still at 0mph i stuck the needle in at 0mph. The mph is correct and everything seems to work great!

taking the needle out does not uncalibrate it, it's just the fact that people probably don't put it back in correctly. i think that anyone who does try this should just put the needle back in the gauge when they're engine is sitting at idle. then they know that it is at 0mph. then take the cluster out and put it back together with the needle already in place

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
revivin this post...

I just picked up an si cluster and did the ode swap. needle of course came uncalibrated, since i had to remove the faceplate to keep my actual milage. But i noticed it's still not right/perfect. instead of the 24/25mph over, it's about 10mph or so. Any idea how to fix this? or am I doomed to go straight to honda?

I did put the needle back to zero when i turned the battery on. I didn't start the car. Don't think it would make a difference. Would it?