Speedometer/Odometer/Battery issue. HELP !!!!

gotta love a honda
OK so i recently bought a 96' Honda civic 4 door dx. Have some issues. i have to jump the car to start it and when i shut it off it wont start back up every time definitely not come the next morning. i took it on a 5 hour trip and the battery overcharged. since then Ive replaced the battery put in a new alternator and the battery still does not stay charged. The Speedometer and the Odometer do not work as well. now i know the majority of people will stop reading and say it is the vss. to be honest i haven't changed it yet but think its more than that. everybody and his brother has an issue with there battery dying coinciding with the non-working speedometer and odometer. I've replaced the alternator and battery. will be replacing the vss next. Ive also replaced the fuse to the alternator / speedometer figured that'd be the smartest place to start all this. Ive heard about all kinds of people saying its a common problem in that year range. allot of people say its a wire rubbing or something. has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it or does anyone know what i need to do to fix it? or do i need to check the car fax and see if everyone posting the same problems actually owned my car before me? HELP!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?::?::?::?::word:

RonJ

Banned
Click the fuse 15 TSB in my signature.

gotta love a honda
Oh civic

thanx for that i'm gonna check that out and give it a try. just broke out the multimeter today and we found that the positive is getting grounded... do you think this would be related to the same wire issue??? All help appreciated.:?::?::?::?::?::?::word: