Speedometer question

Black96EXNC

SOHC EJ8
Hey my speedometer on my 96 EX has started working only when it wants to. Everything else in the cluster is still working fine. Not a huge deal I can go by my RPM's just wondering if maybe there is a easy fix? Lose wire to check etc... I had thought of replacing the cluster anyway but a cheap fix is always cool. Thanks for any advice!~

jsanders

LegacyCore
5+ Year Member
I'm having similar issue. All my gauges in my 2000 hatch work but my speedo. I ve changed the cluster and no help.

I suggest checking you fuse number 15 in your fuse box, if it's blown it will cause your speedo to malfunction. If that does not work then replace your Vehicle Speed Sensor or VSS. Hope this helps.

Bryan

Love For Sale
5+ Year Member
How'd it come out?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought my car with this same problem and the Vehicle Speed Sensor was the problem.

EL3MEN2

i think this is a common problems for civic i have the same i been having this problems for a years can any one tell any good advice i replaced the vss but work when ever want.

today i checked the fuse # 15 and is good and i checked volt gave me a crazy number 1307 i think i did it wrong Ron can you help me please

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
That means when you get pulled over by cop you can honestly tell them you don't know how fast you were going