Speedometer

KellyB

The speeedometer in my car (93 Civic) EX I think, works sometimes.. How do you correct that?

Thanks!

Kelly

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
New speedo cable?!?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jordan101

no the 92-95 civics have a speed senor. is your odometer or trip meter working? if so your guage is bad. dont worry i went through 2 of them already. Most likly if it works somtimes its the guage. but check and see if odm. or trip meter are working. If not then its your sensor. 70 dollars hope this helps.

zombie6estabon9

I have the same problem in my 92 civic eg. the speedometer doesnt move anymore

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't get the speedo sensor at a parts store! 70 dollars is a rip off. I got mine on ebay from a reputable seller for 15 bucks. My speedometer is accurate and works just fine now.

jordan101

ya but what i was saying its not always the sensor. I thought so also i replaced it still didnt work so i investigated and it turned out to be the guage itself.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya but what i was saying its not always the sensor. I thought so also i replaced it still didnt work so i investigated and it turned out to be the guage itself.
ive got a DX cluster, from the car that i just got all my interior out of if your intrested

AON

Same problem

My 95 DX Coupe, speedo. not working, and do you guy's think it may be a sensor?

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I have a manual cluster w/o tach that's known to work. it worked when I pulled it out n swapped my cluster

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Speedo sensor is on the transmission close to the firewall. it's a somewhat triangular shaped piece with a wiring connector plugged into it. Should be held in by two bolts.

Hecktor

My cars speedmeter and odometer where not working, mechanic couldn figure it out he thought it was the transmission so I left it "unrepaired" just guessing my speed through the highways. After a few months I did some more research on it and yes, it was the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) so my odometer now reads 100k but in reality is more like 125k. I also bought it from Amazon for about $20, they are priced up to $80 in some sites or autoparts stores.