Spider Man 3

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They could have done without sandman, but I agree there was way too much going on in this movie. Well at least they wont be making another one (at least I hope so.). I beleve it would have been better if venom was the only villian in the movie, I knew from the getgo that it would be rushed, because you had 3 villians in the movie.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
k-series said:
From the minute they started this movie I knew it would be a let down...I'm old school comic book and there was no good way to introduce the black costume this quickly.

For those not in the "know", here's a quick comic run down:

Spidey was on a alien planet fighting in the secret wars.

His costume was tattered so the aliens showed him a machine that plopped a black goo ball out of it. Spidey grabs it and it oozes over him. Intro of the black costume.

What spidey didn't know was that the goo was a alien symbiote that when connected to spidey was forming a "relalationship" of sorts. It's emotions were plauging spidey causing him to become dark.

So, the Fantastic 4 analyze it, figure out that the costume is alive and blast it from his body with a vibro gun. It somehow escapes and then gets back with spidey finally ending up in the bell tower where Eddie Brock was. It joins with him, intro Venom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiote_(comics)

I know, major geekness, but that's how I rolled in Middle and some of High School. ;0

I'm going to see it with my kids this weekend, we'll see.

Steve
I think they (movie writers) were going from the cartoon storyline. IIRC the alien symbiote crash landed on earth, in the cartoon that is.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just saw it last night...eh...it did seem a little rushed and venoms scream was so anoying...

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bout to go to drive in movies they got spider man there so well see but the tv story line is the only one i know why do they have to change story lines so much? it really ruines the movie, they cant explain the story in a movie but to rush it is lame. makes me not want to see spider man...but at 6 dollars admission and all the movies you can drive around to see ill check it out :P

ryanM

the whole emo thing was such a joke, they gave him emo hair, eyeliner, he went out and bought black clothes, and then to top it all off they had a big close-up of him flipping his hair out of his eye. every time they showed emo peter parket the whole theater burst out laughing. other than that i thought it was an alright movie.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
the whole emo thing was such a joke, they gave him emo hair, eyeliner, he went out and bought black clothes, and then to top it all off they had a big close-up of him flipping his hair out of his eye. every time they showed emo peter parket the whole theater burst out laughing. other than that i thought it was an alright movie.
:word:

I noticed the whole emo thing as well. But it was rushed they could have split it into 2 different movies and.

1) They could have made more money that way.
2) They could have told the story much better.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow... am I the only person that thought the movie was f**king awesome?

Maybe it's because I've never been one to read comic books... or watch the cartoons... I dunno.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just a piece of info...expect 3 more...at least thats what sony pictures has claimed....and i dont know if they're going to use Toby/Kirsten in those or what...personally i dont think they should. i think the writers need to give Peter Parker more of an attitude and make him a LITTLE less nerdy. he's been spiderman for 2-3 years now...he needs to get some cockiness imo. i thought the whole lounge scene was COMPLETELY ridiculous. overall i thought the movie was good, but the writers are kinda..."slacking" in all honesty...the person i would most like to see Peter Parker like in the next movies would be Eddie Brock, the attitude he had and everything. I also would have suggested that Topher Grace play PP but now that he was Eddie Brock i dont think thats gonna work....

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't see how? With the ending and all.

If they are going to make more I would like to see carnage introduced, venom is bad but carnage is well evil.

BTW: That would really suck if they change actors, that just ruins movies to me.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
wow... am I the only person that thought the movie was f**king awesome?

Maybe it's because I've never been one to read comic books... or watch the cartoons... I dunno.

Oh overall I liked the movie, I just liked the "flow" of the last 2, and venom is a awesome villian, to only get such a limited screen time though, and you have the new green goblin, sandman, and venom. Plus trying to show peters decent into symbiote spyder-man. Just too much to explain in such a limited amount of time.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Trbolvrcrx said:
I don't see how? With the ending and all.

If they are going to make more I would like to see carnage introduced, venom is bad but carnage is well evil.

BTW: That would really suck if they change actors, that just ruins movies to me.
how do you NOT see it with the ending they gave??? they never got married and you know they do. there are PLENTY more villans to go through. The Rhino Carnage and such...my buddy took me for my birthday present and we were talkin about it afterwards...i definitely see how they could do it

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thats not what I am talking about. But I don't want to get into much detail for those who have not seen it yet.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Topher would have made a better Carnage than venom in my mind.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tiso said:
Topher would have made a better Carnage than venom in my mind.
Maby but Cletus Kasady in the comics was a crazy serial killer, and that is what made him such a great villian. Spiderman had no way of beating him by himself.

Also the fact that carnage is immune to spider sense, shapeshifts, and changes his hands into blades (that can be used for projectiles.) as well as all the other stuff that venom does.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats why I said Topher should be Carnage. Venom in this movie was more chaotic and had more treats of carnage in my mind and topher's build has a better fit for carnage

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
does anyone think topher would be a GREAT Ben Reilly aka Scarlet Spider?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they should let miramax do the next one... nothing like ben and matt in another movie... throw jay and silent bob in for some kicks. woooooaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tiso said:
Thats why I said Topher should be Carnage. Venom in this movie was more chaotic and had more treats of carnage in my mind and topher's build has a better fit for carnage
Topher made a good venom. Venom was chaotic when he was introduced in the comics and in the cartoon (of course nothing like carnage.). But yes I agree that he would make a good carnage.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
does anyone think topher would be a GREAT Ben Reilly aka Scarlet Spider?
For those that don't know ben reilly is actually a clone created by jackal who was created to kill spiderman, but he has the same memories that peter does. And was ultimately defeted by peter and came up with the alias of Ben Reilly (ben being the first name of uncle ben, and reilly from aunt mae's maden name.). At one time because he has no previous dealings with symbyotes he was absorbed by carnage and becomes spider carnage. His name was trashed by another Scarlet Spider IIRC (Joe Wade.). He was ultimately killed by Norman Osborne

But there are 3 versions of Scarlet Spider.

Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) Clone

Scarlet Spider (Joe Wade) Cyborg

Scarlet Spider (Felicity Hardy) Partner to spidergirl

BTW HondaSpeedaX Yes he would make a good Scarlet Spider, and agian these storylines would be a great idea to keep the movie series going. However they do not need to cram so much info into a movie.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmmm, i wonder how much i should say, i dont want to ruin it for anyone who hasnt seen it......

it kinda left me with a "eh" when i walked out.....the effects were good, but there were TOO many effects....it was almost like star wars, where EVERYTHING action related was CG, and NOTICABLE CG....

and dear lord, could peter have been any more rediculous during the whole middle of the movie?!?!?!? it was actually embarassing to watch....although i guess hearing 150 movie patrons yell out out "bwahaha, he's emo!!!!" all at once does hold a certain level of humor.....

it reminded me of batman, but not the good ones.....more like the ones joel schumacher directed....akward.....

if they ARE going to make 3 more, they need to step it up....

venom WAS cool looking though, i'll give them that.....

for me, the best part/actor in the movie was bruce campbell as the french matre'D.....hahahahaha, cracked me up :lol: