Splats V6 Civic

Splat

5+ Year Member
Where in NY are you? I see a VT plate on the pass side floor in one of the first pics. Im guessing somewhere on the east side of NY State?
I live next to yonkers......but my car sits up state in poughkeepsie.

hop-1

5+ Year Member
i always did love those v6 accord motors. GL with the build

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, once again....this is very true, but its not going to be any show car. This is going to be my own toy.
I once had a plan for this civic but now its more like what can we do out side of the box.;)
Well, there's a difference between going outside the box, and not cleaning that engine bay or the engine while it was out.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live next to yonkers......but my car sits up state in poughkeepsie.
Hate to break it to ya, but Poughkeepsie is NOT upstate. Im upstate, up in Lake George. For you down in Yonkers, I could see Po town being upstate...but still... :lol:

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think its pretty sweet man, Ive never seen anything like this before :thumbs up. Keep us updated!

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds nice i think but never got on it to see really what it sounds like

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
open intake? dont ever let me see that again...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ ^ ^ he's gonna run a hood like i did on my mazda..

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
this build is sweet! whenever it gets finished call honda tuning and get a feature lol. for shure.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
props for going on the route... keep us updated

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very interesting build man.

Splat

5+ Year Member
Wow, its been a long time since i have been on this site.

Some updates are deff needed.

Some things that are going in.

Miracle Cross bar type 2 with hadwhear

CTR rear bumper.....AKA rebar

JDM CTR whole front bumper.......lip has a small easy fix crack

JDM clear round rare Raybrig fog flights

JDM rear lip......i have the bumper to, just not in the shot.

Seibon carbon fiber hatch with FAL window

FAL window Rear

How tight some things are.

Pass side....note the alternator.......way to close to headlight, well....its going to be kissing it, we have to grind a little out of my CTR lights =(

Here is the driver side.....note the fan on how close my other headlight will miss it.
Way to close.

Here you see the rad next to the block....

Here is the FAL fan next to the trans....almost giving here a kiss.

Almost giving the rad a kiss.

Relocated the stock fuel filter, we were going to run with a aftermarket one, but after some tests, we found the OEM was the best.

New tires

I know...pic sucks, but the car was traped in the back, ill get some better pic up next week.

Little test fit, i know ...i know, the hazzard switch is on the wrong side

Another bad pic, i was trying to get my CTR door pan, e-brake delete, and e-bake handle.

Now...this is a very ruff proto of my relay switch for my Auto ECU.
What this does is, the car shifts through the gears, but the ECU is thinking its a Auto while its a 6 speed, so it throws up codes, this chip makes it think the auto trans is there and working well.

As you can se the rebar of the CTR dosnt touch the rear bumprer, so if i get hit in the rear end.......its going to hurt, bad.

CTR door panels on with power windows and locks.

CTR headlights on???? just test fiting.

The exhaust is touching the bumper cover a bit, nothing a little triming cant fix, but on the plus side, the CTR lip fits nice.

Rear bumper on.

Test fiting the front end on, making sure everything fits well, and clears.

Note, the 2 screw drivers holding the front bumper cover on, just to give an idea on how she is going to look like.

i had a chance to take some better shots of the undercarriage.
And some shots of the immobilizer.

This is the only thing that sticks out, just a little bit of the header

A better pic of my rebar.

And last, my arm rest delete

this hood came off my last purple ej6 after someone wrecked it. It came from Ground Design's 2000.....i dont think they are in business any more. Anywho, we were going to take my old OEM hood and cut it up, but when we started looking at this hood i was about to throw out, we thought we will play with this first. And its all fiberglass....so its easy to work with.

Front and rear hooks on.

Rear lip was refitted ...but still has some gaping on the corners.

Now, i forgot i even had this kit Its called Korbach........frame locks. This is to keep the front bumper from twisting when going into a turn. So since the bumper was off i throw it on.

The hood.........i know im going to get a lot of crap about this, so.....my friend and i talked about what and how this thing will look like, after we talked we made up our mind.
The final product will be up next week.........so at this point, this is all i am going to show you all.

Password JDM cooling plate.

Front Mugen strut bar on.....i still have to put the Mugen sticker on. + Tein hood shocks

Miracle cross bar Type 2

Now as you can see, the Rear Mugen strut bar where the spare tire would be.
I cant put it on right now because the bolts that came on the Coilover are to short,
So later ill rip them out and put longer bolts

Now on with the Hood.

My V-AFC2 Apexi Vtec Control.

Civic Type R X Peddles

New lug nuts by MUTEKI my friends say they look like little black Olive's......They say the stock chrome ones looked better.....i dont know.

Splat

5+ Year Member
Car sitting out side for a bit, took her around the block.......in 4th gear, the tires still chirped.

New air intake......filter.

We lowered the vtec, this really helped...1 and 2 gear is really point less, but when 3 hit's, it just keep's pulling, little scary.
We also placed the new JDM style carpet in, need's to be stemmed to fit better.
We also raised the rear about a inch because the tires were hitting the inner quarters.......so i broke down and bought the fender roller, so after i roll the quarters ill slam the b***h.
Now we had a prob with the car, when it sit's at a light the auto ECU thinks the car is in 3rd gear, so the car ran like carp.....we Don at RPM Systems pulled it off again, he some how fig out a way to play with ECU and TB....and now the car runs 100% better.
I also asked him to install a small amp because my wife likes to listen to her music, so with the amp and two front speak's all i have to do is hook up her Zen and turn on a red switch and the music plays.
Oh, because Honda Day is next month we are now getting the front clip and rear bumper ready for paint.

just some pic's for my brother helping me with the hood.

some shots of the before and the after......we got hungry and the sun went down.

Working on it.

Now i have a real set of CTR mats......buy i dont want to use them, just use them for a show, so i hopped on Ebay and picked up this cheap crap.

Now for the seats, i went with the cloth RSX seats, they had a set of leather but the picked the cloth.
You must be asking why, well first, i have NO A/C so sitting in this car in the heat will kill me. And the leather seats were ripped.
Now the cloth seats are mint with 20K on them.....but because these seats are in a junk car, sometimes someone forgets to close the doors. So they are a bit dirty.
But not bad for a $100.00

Driver side.

Pass side.

Now they have 2 other sets for pass seat with good bags, i will have to rip one of those out to make them mint again.

Some pic of my rolled quarters.

The new C/F hatch is now on.
1st, this hatch is sick, but with all things that dont belong, not everything is going to fit.
One side of the hatch lines up great with the pass side, driver's side sits a bit low.
The FAL window does not line up that great as well.
Where the license plate goes, there are the light above it.....dont fit.
The spot where the license plate its self.....does not line up with the holes

2nd The Spoon Sports wing, now i bought this thing almost 10 years ago, even this thing not only does not line up, and Spoon decided to use larger bolts then stick with OEM one's, but the C/F it's self looks kinda like crap, for $400.00 i thought it would have looked a little better.

Other then those little things it looks sick, OH, now since the new hatch is on, the inside it 10 times louder.

The used but new to me RSX seats are going in wednesday.

But enough with the talk, here are some pic.

That's my brother, he's the one who painted my baby.
Thanks again Bro.

With the lights on.

just some pic's of the trunk with the FAL window and Spoon wing.

Lakewood G-Sport Pro Traction Bars, from Summit Racing.

the Hybird shifter.
This thing is bad ass, really really well made, cant wait to try it out.

Full NRG kit with quick release.

The 1st v6 civic with the AP2 cluster

Sorry that it was dark, 1 of the lights were ot in the bay.

Now, my brother and i were going to a car meet, my brother has the J32a2 tiptronic and crushed me.
So my friends at RPM Systems pulled my old motor + trans and we sold it as a whole kit, motor mounts and wiring...plug and play.

Then i picked this up.
We are getting the car readdy for Honda Day...

Had the engine bay painted dolphin gray.....if you want to call it that.

Had so holes filled, full brake tuck, replaced my master cylinder with a USDM ITR unit....my god what a diff in pressure.
Also had the wiring tucked under the dash.

Here are some shots.

This was the 1st time we took the car out with the new motor, and no prob's came up.

Now as far as i know, there is 1 other guy driveing around with DBW on there civic, but the only diff is that this other guy riped apart his whole wireing and made it one unit.

Mine, is all plug and play.

This was at Honda Day, wish i could have gotten a better pic, but everytime i tried, another crowd came back, so by next week ill have better pic.