ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very nice. Any plans for mesh in the "nostrils" of the hood? Hows she handle?

Splat

5+ Year Member
Well, if everything goes right in the next 2 months, i will be able to have a stock hood close.

My boy Don at RPM Systems found a way around it.

Because i have the Skunk2 Pro C set up in here, she really ride's stiff, but once we put the traction bar on, WOW she really woke up.

She really rides nice, take's turns well, braks nice.....really, i have nothing bad to say about this build.....just the intake sticking out of the hood, but that will change soon.

Splat

5+ Year Member
Just to give you some idea on the hand on a V6 civic on the track, this guy has a J32a2 6 speed with almost same set up as i do... + a roll cage

While i have the J32a3 6 speed, i have about 10 extra hp and Tq.

Oh, just watch the 355 Ferrari.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFpzaxJpFMM

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wait wait wait... So you sold the Pilot motor and bought a J32 just because you lost to your brother? lol. Nice build! You live in NY? Are you going to the WNY Honda-Tech meet Sept 12th?

And I wish I had this kind of money to spend...

Splat

5+ Year Member
Wait wait wait... So you sold the Pilot motor and bought a J32 just because you lost to your brother? lol. Nice build! You live in NY? Are you going to the WNY Honda-Tech meet Sept 12th?

And I wish I had this kind of money to spend...
Dude, i would love to go, could you PM me the directions to the meet.

Thanks guys.
And yea, i do live in N.Y., and the reasion i did the upgrade is because he beat me bad, so i did what any brother would do....... try to out do him.

And i did.

Some better shots of the car.

G-Force 5 point.

Sparco harness bar.

As you can see, the newer intake is about 1 inch taller, but in a few months, if everything works out.
I will have a new intake that will fit under a stock hood.......a stock hood.=)

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude, awesome thread! What do you mean in a few months the intake will fit under the hood? What about the whole motor? Are you going to cut the stock hood?

Splat

5+ Year Member
Well, my boy Don at RPM Systems say's that once we redesign the intake manifold and cut some of the webbing under the stock hood..... we feel it will close and look stock.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow. awesome stuff here man. This is an amazing build..!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just went through the pictures and details. It is really awesome. The work that went into it, how well it turned out.....everything except the hood :lol:....I just cannot bring myself to like the hood. Definitely looking forward to seeing a stock hood on it.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hate the hood, i know its necessary but it reminds me of a rhino and i dont like it. other than that its amazing=)

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hate the hood, i know its necessary but it reminds me of a rhino and i dont like it. other than that its amazing=)
I agree HOWEVER, since you remolded the hood it actually isn't THAT bad, like before it was NASTY always have been ugly hoods... But now it's ehhh, acceptable considering....

My Question is why not run a Cervinis Cowl hood or something similar? I think that would be sick!

Man this car is CRAZY... I was with everyone about the building be half a** in the beginning but now I am blown away!!!! The one thing I would like to see improved is the location of the cables coming into the bay... I think a small sheet metal box with 2 wholes and rubber grommets would make for a NICE clean CLOSED set up under the console but thats just me =)

I am still :shock::shock::shock: