Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
badaz907 said:
If yuo dont have the spring tools what else can I use to install them
...wow....are you talkin about a SPOILER? Cause based on your post, it sounds more like SPRINGS.

please clarify, or else you can't be helped.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek Is Back said:
...wow....are you talkin about a SPOILER? Cause based on your post, it sounds more like SPRINGS.

please clarify, or else you can't be helped.

:werd: I am confused too

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

im guessing you mean the trunk spring tool, you dont need it to install your spoiler as far as i know, its just that your trunk wont spring open because of the extra weight

TurboEM1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i put a spoiler on my Si and i didnt put in the heavier spring to lift it. it works fine its not really necesary just dont slam the trunk when you shut it

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends on how humongous your spoiler is...
chris

FANATTIC8228

Banned
you don't really need it. I put a wing on my old coupe, and the trunk would still pop open, just not all the way like before. it never bothered me.

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I put an OEM spoiler on with the stronger trunk springs it came with and I don't have the special tool. I used crescent pliers... worked just fine if you think about how best to leverage it.

I highly recommend the springs if it came with them. Some spoilers are so heavy that pulling the trunk release doesn't pop the trunk. Also, when you close the trunk, it will slam very hard without stronger springs.