Spoons or C5's

Grand141

Juicy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a prob ... i dont know which rims to get either the Racing Heart C5's or actual Spoons ... i know Spoon hella light ... but then i love the way the c5's look they will be going on my 91 HB please let me know what you thinkg

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the 5 spoke spoon rims look badass and i think they're the lightest rims around. correct me if i'm wrong all. and if you can't get the original spoon rims (most of us can't lol) just get the replicas

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rotas cost like 1/5 as much and are only like a pound or so heavier.. no way is spoon worth it.

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the spoon wheels

Ace$nyper

go rotas the money i would saved with them i coulda got a b16 and them but i got real spoons. Don't get me wrong they rock but are not worth the money cause its hard to tell the diff unless you see the desmond sticker and the sticker gets all mangled from driving so you cant really tell anymore any way.

silverb18c1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
specially if you scratch or bend one spoon wheel...rotas are easy to replace..

Grand141

Juicy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol fuc that must suck... but im still debating either that or the c5s there is a mjor weight diff and price diff... Rotas cost 400 new 600 w tires give or take ... c5 cost 1500 w/ tires... rotas weight abt what 7lbs??? and c5 weight abt i think 9 or 10 i think i dont know ... does any one know the exact weight?

iamgod

Banned
Grand141 said:
lol fuc that must suck... but im still debating either that or the c5s there is a mjor weight diff and price diff... Rotas cost 400 new 600 w tires give or take ... c5 cost 1500 w/ tires... rotas weight abt what 7lbs??? and c5 weight abt i think 9 or 10 i think i dont know ... does any one know the exact weight?

rotas weigh 11lbs for the 15's, spoon rims weigh 8lbs for the 15's, spoon wheels are magnesium which is a BRITTLE METAL that will crack faster then it will bend, rotas are aluminum and are a lot more street friendly, spoon rims are not the lightest rims avalible......c5's weigh more then 10lbs

Grand141

Juicy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kew thanks i just wanted to know .... i really didnt know how many lbs they were but thanks ... so the the c5s shld be abt 15 ??

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The SW388 is just a specific version of the Regamaster EVO.They're so light because they're Aluminum shot (pellets) and forged, not a solid billet. The heat and pressure of fusing the wheel together gives the wheel its strength and its light weight because it doesn't require the compression of any more material than is necessary.15inch 4 x 100 45 offset. 8.5lbs. 16in 4 x 100 45 offset. The 16in wheels weigh in at 12lbs. Go with Spoon SW388.

EL PAALO

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iamgod said:
they ARE magnesium........
from spoon's japan site:
SW388: When of the aluminum wheel is thought portion of suspension, the lightweight hugely tough wheel is ideal. As for this SW388 series the forging cutting 1 piece, weight increase to be less than paint is finished with the shot alumite processing whose surface hardness is high.