spray can green?

ervstr

boosted_ek
5+ Year Member
anyone know a code or type of spray can/rattle can thats close to the 2000 civic ex coupe green.wanna paint my side mirror and my skirts ther balck right now.and also my lips so everythinhg is one color..tried some wallmart one dollar green paints but didnt quite match:x

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go to a paint store. i dont think you'd even like how the rattle can's color is gunna turn out.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look in your drivers side door jamb, there should be a paint code there. I think yours should be G-95P or G-89P, but probably the former. We'll go from there.

kandyapple_si

5+ Year Member
Yeah a paint store can put your paint into spray cans for you and it should match pretty well depending on how faded your current color is.

cizan316

I just did my side mirrors. Some things you also want to get at the paint store is primer and clear coat. also 400 grit sand paper for primer and paint and 600 i think it was for the clear coat. Ill post pics of my final result. It turned out ok, but not a shiny as id like. Thats probably due to not wet sanding the clear coat, as I only had 400 grit sand paper avil.

cizan316

Iv never done any body work or paint but iv learned the more I practiced at it the better I got. The license plate part was not wet sanded and it didnt turn out as good as the side mirrors. It makes a huge difference.

ervstr

boosted_ek
5+ Year Member
Clover Green Pearl Metallic Clearcoat G-95P
thats the type of color my car is..
i dont really need the exact one right now not plainning on touching up anything.i only want to paint the balck parts on my car.so i closes one to that paint texture would be good

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not do it right instead of half-assing it?

ervstr

boosted_ek
5+ Year Member
idk i just dont have time to borrow a spray gun,buy paint which is like x0-x00 dollars and im only going to use a little bit.one can of spray paint is prolly be good enough

cizan316

idk i just dont have time to borrow a spray gun,buy paint which is like x0-x00 dollars and im only going to use a little bit.one can of spray paint is prolly be good enough
I did about 2 to 3 coats and I about ran out of aerosol in the can

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just went to autozone, gave the number on my door jam, bought a couple cans, some clear, and my mirrors and rear plate molding matched perfectly.

i just sanded them, sprayed, cleared, done. been like that for 2years now w/ zero issues, chips, etc. i think i spent maybe 10bux.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't even clear coat, the rattle cans don't come like a regular base coat. You can lay them out smooth and glossy, clear coat in a can is just going to make it look like garbage.