Spring install question?

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, I'm in the midwest and snow can be a problem, I'm only dropping 1.5 inches

jereme_s

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanx SpenceyVTEC & phill11204 for the pics I don't think lowering it is as big as a concern as some of you make out to be cuz I think your cars look tight as they are even though lowering it does look more sleek.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem, glad I could help, what wheels did you get?

phill11204

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey spencey, i have the same rims you have, :rocker: :worthy:,

[QUOTE
Originally posted by SilvCiv888
]i think lowering depends on where u live. if u in canada or somewhere wet/snowy in the northwest lowering mite not be a good idea.[/QUOTE]

In NY, lowering is a really bad idea, potholes galore. and the driveway's would kill ya, along with all the now and shitz.

jereme_s

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ordered the Motegi MR-7's 17 Gunmetal, wanted the FF-5's but it seems like no one carries them anymore I should receive them ether thursday or friday this week.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by phill11204
Hey spencey, i have the same rims you have, :rocker: :worthy:,
Yeah, I noticed that before and said something about it in CCCC. Rock the RSF-2s!

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by jereme_s
I ordered the Motegi MR-7's 17 Gunmetal, wanted the FF-5's but it seems like no one carries them anymore I should receive them ether thursday or friday this week.
I almost got MR-7s, they're pretty sweet, but too common around here, I decided against it after I saw an Eclipse on 18s of them and a Del Sol with them in the same day. I don't know about the FF-5s, I know they were made for 2F2F for the Lancer, maybe it was a limited time thing. I'll have to find out if we still have them around here, I'm kinda curious now

griff410

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u gonna lower, think about the damper kit... its a good alternative to regular lowering springs.. TEIN makes a kit which includes shocks and coilevers, which u can adjust, unlike springs. plus if u gonna get springs, u gotta get shocks eventually b/c your stocks are gonna be too stiff. i just got the basic damper and i'm rollin on 18's and i am very pleased.

Zeo

CCSC #41
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here is mine on 17's before

and then after with a lowering of 40mm (1.6 inches)

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, that looks good, the angle makes the back look slammed, I'm glad I got the 1.5 inch drop, hopefully mine with turn out looking that low

jereme_s

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just received the rims about an hour ago and bout to put them on i'll put up a pic 2morrow.

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cant wait to see them!! Dont forget

jereme_s

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I put the rims on and the gap isn't all that bad but it still needs to be dropped about an inch maybe an inch and a half. I'm about to go wash my car and then I will take some pics but before I go I hate to do this but DONT EVER BUY WHEELS FROM BARRE TIRE on the internet there service is horrible and they sent the damn rims with two center caps missing and then give me an attitude when I call to let them know they were missing, I'm pretty pissed right now.