springs and shock advice

towncarblue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 1999 civic 2-door ex. im a big guy (nearly 300lb) . when i sit on the car it lowers alot. what would be a good spring shock combo or what else can i do to stop the car from going down so much

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i dont know too much about suspension but DNX i coming out with a new in car adjustable suspension. Almost like having bags on ur car.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mugen_pete said:
higher spring rates
:werd: The higher the spring rate.. the stiffer they will be.. so they won't lower as much

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your gonna spend cash on springs save a little more and go with coilovers, so much better, and if you get a good set like some tiens you can adjust them yourself easily. Who is to say that you wont have the same problem with a new set of springs.

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im a big guy 290 i have eibach sportlines...my car only lowers .25 inch when i get in mine.,...id go with the sportlines or suspension techniwues springs...my best friend and i ride in his all the time and we are both 280+ his doesnt lower but .50 inch when we are both in his car...id go with eibach or sus. tech.

3rd-Influence

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i think u should get a good good spring, that dosent go more lower then how it is.... Cause last week, i droved my friend.. He's a pretty much big guy. My car is like 1 pop can off the ground, next thing u know I droved off, the wheels are rubbing with the fenders.... I think u should get the stiff springs, go around and ask for infos.... Or maybe get airbag? i might plan on doing it too...

but yo, go around and ask those pros... and they'll help u out alot..

aLL m0tor civ1c

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have dropzone struts and springs, they ride good even w/ a couple people in the car, and its a good size drop on them

levels1069

i am a b00b
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'll have my tein s-tech springs for sale in about a week and a half, we can meet halfway if youre interested (i am in northeast pa)

let me know, they are definately good quality springs....hard enough for what youre looking for, but soft enough for a daily driver

AcuraC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
levels1069 said:
i'll have my tein s-tech springs for sale in about a week and a half, we can meet halfway if youre interested (i am in northeast pa)

let me know, they are definately good quality springs....hard enough for what youre looking for, but soft enough for a daily driver
Im interested in the S-techs for my 97.....let me know if you want to unload them...