Springs messed up? uneven ride height!

Zach-R

SOHC powa!!!
5+ Year Member
ok heres the story i have a 00 hatch and a 98 ex. i bought all new suspension for my hatch. so i decided to put all my old stuff on my daily driver. the setup is suspension techniques springs and tokico blues. now that they are all installed drivers side sits about a 1/2 inch lower than the other in the rear and 1/4 inch lower in the front.

i lowered the front first and the back a week later. and the front was even before. also the back springs were on my hb while the front was on stands for a couple of months. could this have caused them to get messed up or what could be goin on? i dont think i have a busted strut either though because it rides fine and i cant bottom that corner out. they have only been on for about a week.

thx everyone:word:

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you reversed the springs. I did the same thing 1st time i installed mine. People told me to check to see if I had a rear spring on the front. I knew i didnt, but guess what, removed both front springs, and yup had 1 rear that was a tad bit longer on the front.

a busted shock wont change ride height.

either this or a spring is seriously sagging or hasnt settled. Also zero out your bushings after install

Zach-R

SOHC powa!!!
5+ Year Member
YoungKadafi said:
you reversed the springs. I did the same thing 1st time i installed mine. People told me to check to see if I had a rear spring on the front. I knew i didnt, but guess what, removed both front springs, and yup had 1 rear that was a tad bit longer on the front.

a busted shock wont change ride height.

either this or a spring is seriously sagging or hasnt settled. Also zero out your bushings after install
that makes sense but all was good on my hb for a year. i didnt disassemble them prior to the installation on my ex. damn i hope they are'nt sagging. plus the front was level before i installed the rear.

i had a four door that i bought and it came with busted struts and coilovers. after installing the new struts it raised the height like 1/2 inch on both sides.

where can i find a diy on zeroing out the bushings? i know that when i changed the one out on the rear one of the damn strut bolts broke like always and we had to drill out the bushing lol. yea yea i know how ghetto this is and i plan on getting a new one. i wouldve replaced that night but only the dealer can get them i was told by autozone, advance, parts depot, and even napa?? But i know for a fact i have gotten them from the zone and advanced before. i was realy pissed.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need all your bushings, else you could warp your suspension. drop the money on the OEM bushings quick to avoid further costs.

To zero them out jack up all 4 corners by the LCA's, and then loosen all the bolts, then retighten them. It wouldnt hurt to soak everything in pblaster or somekinda grease to "unbind" everything.

very simple and you will notice VERY increased steering response. this is, if your bushings are binding, which most likely are if you never did this after a suspension install.

the uneven thing could be from the bushings too, ever notice when you jack up your car with the ebrake on, and lower the car back down, the one side you jacked up is like 1" higher? then releaseing the ebrake settles everything.