springs

5th gen hatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i heard if you put lowering springs on stock shocks it will give you a bad ride and the shocks will go bad quick is that true?

kfreshhh

4banginferio
5+ Year Member
yea basically its true, if money is an option than i would opt for maybe some tokico blues, and maybe some tien basics or somthing of that nature, but yea to anwer ur question, generally the shock go out pretty quick.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Depends, Id recommend getting KYB, KONI, TOKICO struts or somthing, I know people rocking racing springs on OEM struts, the rides a little bumpy and they held up for some time now but there going to blow out eventually.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats complete bs

if you SLAM your car on stock shocks, then yes

but if you put springs like h&r sports or eibach sprotlines you will probably be fine

i rode h&r sports on civic stock shocks in my integra for a year and never had any problems. And i drive a lot

b18c1hatch

5+ Year Member
man i've got sportline springs on my stock struts in my ej8 and they ride just fine. i've put about 13,000 on them so don't let anyone tell you different. like i said man, mine ride just fine.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive had goldline lowering springs on my car since last spring, and the ride is still fine!

5th gen hatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm droping it to top of tire is that to low to keep stock shocks. think the ones o'm getting are h&r

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RedLine42 said:
Whats bs?
your guyses horrible advice that hes gonna blow the shocks no matter what

and yes h&rs are coo

JR-Style

Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you lower your car to much, it puts your struts into a squished position where the orfices do not work properly and wear quicker. If the strut is mentfor lowering, they compensate for that, but oem replacements dont, depends on how low, and what kinda strut you are running. oem's arent ment for lowered so they will wear quicker then if not,the lower, the faster.

civicaccelerate

5+ Year Member
yeh theyl give u a good 8 months before youre stookys give take youre time on saving n bouying good shocks thats what i did youell b fine