sputtering badly

EF..ur mom

5+ Year Member
my car every so often gets a sputtering broblem like really bad but if you smash the pedal it will smooth right out it is a d15 non vtec in a 91 ef (stock motor) its dual point it has a slight smell of gas when i get out but i havnt seen it leaking any were at all and its not a super strong smell but i was reading about a cracked manifold any suggestions??

kwell

5+ Year Member
oh, i used to have dual point... check this butterfly seloniod thingy its on the back of the mani with 2 lines comming off of it... is it slow or nething?

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh, i used to have dual point... check this butterfly seloniod thingy its on the back of the mani with 2 lines comming off of it... is it slow or nething?
It isn't running slow, this is a buddy of mine's car. But if you're just going at a steady speed it gets to shaking. He said it only happens if the car hasn't been started. He dropped me off from a friends house where it'd been parked for less than two hours and nothing happened on the 7+ mile way to my house.

EF..ur mom

5+ Year Member
its when your just barely on the gas like normal driveing conditions it seems to do it after a long period of driveing ....what was wrong with your friends? (kwell)