Squeaky serpentine belt

00Ex00

5+ Year Member
Hey there guys, me and a buddy just did an engine swap on my buddy's 04 sunfire and after a few days it has developed a squeaky serpentine belt and we can't figure out why. The belt is brand new and it is on there tight.

It only squeaks when you first start the car then once it warms up for about 20 seconds its all good and no more squeaking.

Any thoughts?

RonJ

Banned
Did you get some oil on the belt? Is the noise possibly a bad bearing in the pulley?

00Ex00

5+ Year Member
Defiantly no oil on the belt its been doing this for over a month now. And if it was a bad bearing wouldn't it continue to squeak all the time not just on start up?

00Ex00

5+ Year Member
Also one more thing, we put a new window motor in the drivers side door because it went out, and after about three days the window started to be very sluggish and only work part of the time then a few days after that it quit all together. Any thoughts on that?

Sorry for the double post

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
spray some of that sticky belt binder stuff i sprayed on my belt and stopped my squeaking just from rub on mine though got it all fixed now

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
make sure you put bolts where the bolts are suppose to be on the window motor anyways...

ps - power windows suck... just another motor that will go bad

00Ex00

5+ Year Member
Okay I'll look into the sticky belt spray, what exactly is it called and where about would I look to get some?

And yes I do agree 100% that its stupid how unreliable power windows can be. >.< We'll check the bolts in the morning.

Thanks for your input man, much appreciated.