squicking noise when i reverse...

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
about 3-4 days ago my car started to make this really loud squicking noise when i put it on reverse and start going. anybod have this problem before? i have an 04 civic ex auto with eibach sportline lowring springs without an alignment, megan racing downpipe with a muffler, and aem short ram intake.
can this problem be fixed at a local honda dealer?? please help!! thanx

Mistro

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
squicking noise? if its a noise when you brake after changing directions, its the brake caliper problem. It slides around and makes a noise when it reaches the other extreme. Just bring it to your dealer and it should be repaired under warrenty, if that is the problem.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mistro said:
squicking noise? if its a noise when you brake after changing directions, its the brake caliper problem. It slides around and makes a noise when it reaches the other extreme. Just bring it to your dealer and it should be repaired under warrenty, if that is the problem.
no...when i put the gear into reverse and i step on the gas pedal and my car starts to move then it starts to make that noise even if im going straight back

cloudish

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i have the same thing.. whenever i reverse then go forward and it squeaks forever.. unless I slam on the brakes really hard and then it stops.... but once i reverse again it starts up... don't know what's up .. got the tires alligned.. imma going to changed the pads see if that helps

Powershift

GOT TRICKS?? 5iO.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
04civic said:
no...when i put the gear into reverse and i step on the gas pedal and my car starts to move then it starts to make that noise even if im going straight back

What you really need to identify is "where" is the noise coming from, more that "when" !!!