Srs light on. How to turn off

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
I recently took my passenger airbag out and took my driver steering wheel off to switch into a wheel hub with new wheel. SRS light is on and I need a way to turn it off. Anyone know how? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Still trying to work with the sections.

redbullet812

I believe you take can it in to the dealership, and they will be able to reset it without charge.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe you take can it in to the dealership, and they will be able to reset it without charge.
Won't do any good. The light will come right back on. If I read correctly there are no airbags in the car now.

Going to have to deal with it or take the bulb out. Light is going to stay on until you put the airbags back in.

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
I don't have a problem with the bulbs. How do I remove them and would it be best?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not the bulb, its because you have the airbags out. Without the airbags the srs system thinks there is something wrong, hence why the light is on.

How do you take the bulb out? Remove the cluster and take the corresponding bulb out, kind of self explanatory.

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
I understand that. I meant I don't have a problem pulling the bulbs as long as its not a big deal. So that's my bed bet...?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahh. I just read into it wrong, my bad. Yes, that is your best bet unless you put the SRS system back the way it was intended.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
instead of pulling the bulb, i just undid the connector to ti

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
instead of pulling the bulb, i just undid the connector to ti
This is definitely an option depending on the vehicle/year. Mine has one main wire and the bulbs are on a "circuit". Pulling the connector would take away the power and function of the rest of the cluster.

*edit* I'm an idiot. :smackself The regular bulbs are on a "circuit" the SRS bulb is in it's own little housing. I just unplugged the connector on mine.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Pulling the bulb would work. But I'm pretty sure if you just disconnect the yellow plug from the cluster that would work and be faster, then you don't have to worry about losing the bulb etc