srs light problem. (followed how-to steps)

f_suasin

5+ Year Member
my srs light came on out of nowhere, I have tried to reset it myself and used the DIY here. It does not turn off whatsoever as I followed the first step on the "how-tos". Anyone have any suggestions?

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
try taking it to a place like autozone, pep boys, advance auto parts...or whatever you have out in CA. They should run a diagnostic for free.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FLAteam said:
try taking it to a place like autozone, pep boys, advance auto parts...or whatever you have out in CA. They should run a diagnostic for free.
srs and engine diagnostic test are 2 totally different things. you can take it to the honda dealership to have them do it but it costs a bit

chartinael

5+ Year Member
well, what does out of nowhere mean? in general there are two reasons or better three : passenger airbag, steering wheel airbag, srs unit defective.

also, possible causes: cable reel broke, any yellow plug undone. So first off, check all you yellow plugs, did you unplugg any connector, is anyone of them broke, loose or antyhing lke that.

if all seems all right and you haven't done anything else like take out an airbag or remove steering wheel, try the resetting routine. it should work, if it comes back on however, then more differenitated diagnostics is in order.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its sooooooo common for 6th gen to have this happen for no reason

chartinael

5+ Year Member
got traction said:
its sooooooo common for 6th gen to have this happen for no reason
well, not so common .... not in europe only when people unplug the wrong things so hence the question, maybe he didn't reconnect somthing properly and it loosened ...

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well in us i've seen/heard of lots of people with srs problem, adn they didnt touch steering wheel/airbags :what:

chartinael

5+ Year Member
well, I do believe you guys have srs plugs on seatbelts as well? so most likely that is causing the problem. Cause in Europe the srs light does not present a problem. Only heard of it coming on when people modify things.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im not going to get into a pissing match with you so ima just leave this thread ;)

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have the same problem but my car has leather integra seats in it so is that y the light could be on?

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chartinael said:
well, what does out of nowhere mean? in general there are two reasons or better three : passenger airbag, steering wheel airbag, srs unit defective.

also, possible causes: cable reel broke, any yellow plug undone. So first off, check all you yellow plugs, did you unplugg any connector, is anyone of them broke, loose or antyhing lke that.

if all seems all right and you haven't done anything else like take out an airbag or remove steering wheel, try the resetting routine. it should work, if it comes back on however, then more differenitated diagnostics is in order.

Also could be the seats. Your SRS is connected to the seats underneath in the front. Anywhere there is a yellow plug is part of the SRS system. You can reset it with the instuctions, your just not timing it right.

Honda will charge you to check it, however, if its anything like my dealership, they will put the charge towards the cost to fix it.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For any SRS light, it has to be something in the circuit / system. I would honestly go with "got traction"'s opinion and just go get it diagnosed otherwise you could be searching a while for the problem. If you have replaced something, you at least check all around there first, before taking it to the dealer.