SRS Light Question

DANgerousEK

The Holy Roller
5+ Year Member
My SRS light recenlty came on and won't go off. I was reading through my Civic owners manual and it states that you need to take your civic in after it is 10 years old to have the SRS system checked out. My car was exactly 10 years old when the light came on. Do you think the SRS light comes on automatically at the 10 year mark because Honda recommends the system be checked out after 10 years?

chartinael

5+ Year Member
no, it doesn't ... if the light is on then something is wrong. did you do anything on your car before light came on or did it just come on?

DANgerousEK

The Holy Roller
5+ Year Member
chartinael said:
no, it doesn't ... if the light is on then something is wrong. did you do anything on your car before light came on or did it just come on?
I think it just came on...not positive.

chartinael

5+ Year Member
well, if you unplugged anything yellow - that is not good, if you swapped you steering wheel or the like ... anything like that?

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just take it in and have it looked at. safest way to fix the problem!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea bro...i'd take it to have it looked at....dont wanna mess around with that sorta stuff.....

chartinael

5+ Year Member
well, it is easily reset ... but the light will come back on, if the problem is not fixed.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
crazycaucazian8 said:
what does the SRS mean anyways? is it like a CEL?
safety restraint system or something like that, it says it in the car some place.

silver_ek

5+ Year Member
i think in the manual it had said something about it coming on every ten years because that is the time it needs to be checked out but a technician at honda, but just schedule an appt. and get that b***h reset.

chartinael

5+ Year Member
well, just reset it yourself and if it doesn't come back on then there is no flaw in the system

G202Go

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My bet is it's problem with one of the seat belt buckles. Those are warranteed for life aren't they?

ikillradio

chartinael said:
well, if you unplugged anything yellow - that is not good, if you swapped you steering wheel or the like ... anything like that?
What happens if you unplugged something yellow? Do you need to replace the yellow plug? I did that and now i'm throwing the SRS code.