SRS light reset after crash?

RugerFan

5+ Year Member
Chould I get a SRS modul from another junked car to clear the SRS light. I tried the reset but the SRS light blinks continualy not just 2 times, I think their is hard code programed in after a crash. please help.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
correct. you must replace the ecm for the srs after a crash on most all vehicles, as well as the airbag sensors and bags. Make sure you have taken off your battery cable for at least 5 minutes before you do anything and don't plug it back in unless you are done and have everything plugged back in. You may need tamper-proof torx heads as well to take the computer out.

RugerFan

5+ Year Member
correct. you must replace the ecm for the srs after a crash on most all vehicles, as well as the airbag sensors and bags. Make sure you have taken off your battery cable for at least 5 minutes before you do anything and don't plug it back in unless you are done and have everything plugged back in. You may need tamper-proof torx heads as well to take the computer out.
Where are the airbag sensors located?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Don't know, it could be all internal in the brain box, and then again they could be in the floorboard on the firewall, or on the fram rails, but you will have to get a diagram of the srs system and see what would have to be replaced b/c different manufacturers have different requirements, might even have to replace the clockspring, just have to find out what needs to be replaced once the system has been activated.

RugerFan

5+ Year Member
Don't know, it could be all internal in the brain box, and then again they could be in the floorboard on the firewall, or on the fram rails, but you will have to get a diagram of the srs system and see what would have to be replaced b/c different manufacturers have different requirements, might even have to replace the clockspring, just have to find out what needs to be replaced once the system has been activated.
Found out they are in the SRS computer, replaced it and the light goes out after the normal 6 seconds.

Thanks for the help.