SRS light

Drifterr89

Hey There! Soooo..
98' Civic LX - My SRS light comes on while driving once in awhile and shuts off again, other times it comes on and stays on -
No codes were shown while hooked up to diagnostics

SOLVED IT'S THE ALTENATOR.. :-(

Thanks for all replies!

Last edited:

CivicEx'00

Hey There! Soooo..
98' Civic LX - My SRS light comes on while driving once in awhile and shuts off again, other times it comes on and stays on -

( I have checked the Recall lists, Mine is not applicable )

Thanks for all replies!
I had a similar problem like this, and my radio would also turn on and off, and my dash lights would flicker ever so slightly but enough to be annoying. I re-grounded my whole engine, changed all my fuses, and changed my battery cables and battery, but it ended up being my alternator. Another $300 buying a good one online and the problem has been gone ever since

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Drifterr89

No codes came up? ..

Alternator is fine, nothing out of the norm..
I had replaced the battery two days ago-- Been reading a couple forums and a couple had mentioned, disconnected o2 sensors could set it off? ( I have 2 disconnected ) Also, Header gasket is cracked but I cant see how that would be related to the SRS.
I'll be fixing the gasket tomorrow, while I'm at it I will change all the fuses out..
(fingers crossed!)

Thank you =)

NikkiLauda

Always check your alternator after replacing a battery regardless of age. Make sure its charging under load at a constant rate. (1.5 minute should suffice)