srs problem

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my srs light stay on yesterday and now doesnt turn off .should i take it to the dealer or ?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's a way to reset it yourself, at least in the 6th gens there are. Ill search through the honda service archive and see what I can come up with for you. Check the how-to archives in here though in the mean time..

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but i read the manual and said that it could be something bad in the srs system

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, heres your options:

1) go to the dealer and pay a pretty penny to get it diagnosed.
2) we can give you suggestions on what it might by / figure out if you've messed with something
3) you can try to reset it and see if it comes back.

Id do #2 and #3 and if they don't work, use the dealer as a last resort.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey bro but i have warranty does warranty cover this
if not can u guys tell me how to reset it .thanks

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think this has been stated here before with my srs light problem. SRS and any safetly related interior parts (seat belts mainly) are ALWAYS LIFE TIME WARRANTY.. you should take it to the dealership and let them run a diagnostic on your car to see if theres anything wrong with it.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
come on guys they want to charge me 95 just to look at it and then theyll tell me if the warranty covers it ...can u guys help

D17Denver

JDM products
5+ Year Member
hey do u have honda care cuz I had a problem but I could fix it myself but didn't have the money to buy the door motor and took it to the dealer showed them my honda care card and got it fixed for free. yeah 95 bucks to plug in a scan tool that takes like five minutes and find out what wrong that's what there goin to do.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
go up there and b***h at them, talk about wtf you guys dont care about your customers safety? f**k you all im reporting this to the news and you all will get negative reports and be out of businesss!!!!

always works for me ;P

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
go up there and b***h at them, talk about wtf you guys dont care about your customers safety? f**k you all im reporting this to the news and you all will get negative reports and be out of businesss!!!!

always works for me ;P
hahahahahahahahahaha

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

always works for me ;P
that sounds like a plan. but honda out of business....seriously tone.....i've said it before and i'll say it again. you crack me up.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i went to the dealer and they told me they have to charge me either way but if they find out the problem its under the warranty coverage they will give me the money back.