srt-4?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just curious to get a little first hand comments on the srt from anyone who has owned one/knows about them..

my friend just recently got one and we were down at the beach all weekend..and instead of going to the actual beach during the day i drove around his car all day hahah..i was VERY surprised on how hard it pulled (maybe thats because i drive an em2) but the thing pulled real hard and sounded incredible. i haven't heard nearly as many good things as bad about the srt for the sheer fact that people say "its a neon" and just go off from there

after driving it, i wouldn't mind having one:???:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo the em2, my bro did, sounds bad ass, and can probably beat a stock srt4

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
regardless its still a dodge neon and its fwd.i wouldnt trust a fwd american car specially on boost.imo stay to your em2 and boost that s**t...neon=:ghey: :slapslap:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to spend your money on one, go ahead, i know i NEVER would.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
they are amazing cars

fast, incredibly mod friendly, and reliable

if i didnt need the awd, i'd be driving an srt4 right now.... i even ordered a brand new srt4 before i bought the wrx :lol:
my family is good friends with the family who owns the dodge store though, and they knew up front that i might not buy it
but damn.... it sure was fun to drive for a few days

for sheer driving experience, srt4>wrx

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they are great cars and respond very good to simple modifications. i think its funny when people say "its just a neon" because you can say that about any car, in fact "its just a civic" is probably more popular to say than "its just a neon".

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tell that to my buddy who blew his engine shortly after having the Mopar Stage 2 installed. Dodge wouldn't fix it.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know my cars are a civic, i dont have a problem with it.
but every SRT4 dirver ive met and talked to were just assholes.
just bragging about there car.

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know that 95% of the guys here in c.c will agree that when you think of a neon first thing that pops in your head is "A CHICK RIDE"...LOL

p.s its still a neon....

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah bro, They're decently quick cars and sound mean, I definitely wouldent mind owning one and I was even thinking about pickup one up. Its a dodge tho im sure its not the most reliable thing on the market, but most people dont really have major problems with them.

ryanM

Green 91 said:
i know my cars are a civic, i dont have a problem with it.
but every SRT4 dirver ive met and talked to were just assholes.
just bragging about there car.
im sorry to hear that....but thats no reason to hate the car....

all the srt4 guys around here are pretty cool. most of them are unbelievably fast. all the "tuners" around here meet up every saturday night at a shopping center parking lot and theres usually a crew of about 4 or 5 srt4 guys there. most of them are pushing over 400whp and have some crazy stuff done. and their still all covered by warrenty. one of the guys is trying to sell his 05 putting down 500whp for 24k...i think they'd be a cool car to own...but i dont like FWD.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if i was getting an american car, it'd atleast have to be RWD.

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
tell that to my buddy who blew his engine shortly after having the Mopar Stage 2 installed. Dodge wouldn't fix it.
So much for the still-under-warranty b.s. I suppose.
I would be beyond pissed off.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
LowNotSlow said:
:word:

My buddy let me drive his for a week while he was out of down, same stage 2 mopar kit was isntalled. The tranny crapped out and locked up. Dodge wouldnt repair it. :thumbdown

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
i have a friend who blew the tranny on his s2k at 12,000 miles and honda wouldnt cover it

abuse breaks parts, warranty wont cover abuse, it doesnt mean the car is s**t

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They sound like semi trucks ...