SS Auto Chrome Turbo

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone ever heard of this company? any feedback? i know some guy selling me a brand new one for 800 for an LS, but on the site it says shipped for 650, heres the link http://www.ssautochrome.com/

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
650 for a full turbo kit? i wouldnt dissmiss it immediatly but id reasearch it before i bought it

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Those manifolds made by SS Autochrome, usually sold on ebay.com, are very well known for cracking, they should be avoided.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea it sounds kinda fishy thanks for the info

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
knockoff said:
Those manifolds made by SS Autochrome, usually sold on ebay.com, are very well known for cracking, they should be avoided.

if not braced, any tubular manifold will crack. while they arent the highest quality pieces out there, if you brace them against the block, and use a flex pipe, they are a pretty decent perfoming and very good flowing manifold.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ i concur. if the manifold is braced so the weight of the turbo is distributed it wont crack. also, the downpipe should be braced to te back of the block also, with a flex pipe. YOu get what you pay for, ive heard from a few people that they come braced, some dont, dont ask me why. if you do get it, get it for the cheaper price, also, remember to weld a few stratigicaly placed braces, too.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you dont even need to weld. take a piece of steel and run it from the bolts on the turbo flange to the bolts on the head (where manni meets head) and then bolt where the downpipe meets the flex pipe to the back of the block.

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ssautocrap is garbage no matter how much bracing they are given
cracks everywhere

GoofyCA18DET

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont know if its the same for the hona kits, but on the SR and CA SSautochrome manifolds no matter how much they brace them and so on they still crack. My friends manifold actually had a chunk come out of it.

GoofyCA18DET

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes haha those manifolds make for some interesting horror stories. Some people actually do luck out sometimes.