ssautochrome turbo kits

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
type in ssautochrome at the top of the page and you'll see for yourself that they are s**t, very cheaply made kits

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are a good design of manifold, its just their welds are crap, if you can reinforce their welds and brace the manifold then they work just fine

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My buddy has one, and its been fine for some time now... its not a bad kit. The turbo itself had a broken seal, but was easily fixed... Come to think of it, I know someone else with one (they're stamped xspower), and its held good as well.
Keep in mind, that is not the entire kit you know. Your gonna need a lot more parts to make it work. Thats just for starters.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really I am just looking for a down pipe to mate with my Turbo from a Probe GT.

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks like its alright.. maybe be if they had a feedback page things would be better... for the price you can't go wrong

homicydalboy

vtec+turbo=no traction
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You wanna know the truth? Can you handle the truth.

Okay go here

www.homemadeturbo.com

go to the forums and search ssautochrome That will tell you everything you need to know. about their products.

btec

5+ Year Member
i had a s auto chrome manifold and it worked great for like a week. then it started crakinglike every week. no matter how mny times i rewelded the crakcs it would break again. i cut off the flanges and throw the runners and collector in the garbage. 2thumbs dwn for that crap.

blackboostedEM1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All u need to know is you get what u pay for,i almost bought a one of those kits for my car and i heard nothing but bad things from people.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
even the cars that race at moresville drag strip down here..where the kits are made like not even 10 minutes away... dont use the kit... their crap and the headers crack 90% of the time

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some people have problems, some don't

Personally the only part I see that would give a problem would be the manifold.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Phantom Civic said:
^ I've heard the turbos blow seals easily too.
Thats true, but you can always rebuild it before you install it, and it'll be fine.