the search button is your friend...there are plenty of pages on this

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CivicEX13 said:
the search button is your friend...there are plenty of pages on this
yeah they suck so bad i mean i only went 131 mph and 11.5. Umm I've had mine for over a 1.5 years now ask nofx. or ace

Brian Spilner

Banned
i had heard that their new s**t is good now. There turbocharges use garett internals i was told so their going to perform just as a garett would. also heard their turbo manifolds were great to.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brian Spilner said:
i had heard that their new s**t is good now. There turbocharges use garett internals i was told so their going to perform just as a garett would. also heard their turbo manifolds were great to.
This is what I'm hearing as well. My friend got a ssautochrome kit on his supra, and its all running well.

Brian Spilner

Banned
Blahman240 said:
This is what I'm hearing as well. My friend got a ssautochrome kit on his supra, and its all running well.
well their you have it...if the kits are good enough on a supra then their good enough on a civic.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't care how fast you are. I will never buy anything SS autochrome but that's just me

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive heard the started adding braces and better welds for support.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
ive heard the started adding braces and better welds for support.
they did but when I mentioned that a few days ago someone said that they always had the braces :???:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, i have 2 manifold of theres in my garage, one is sold right now. ive heard mixed reviews.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what sucks about ssac is the thickness of the tubes. they just recently released the new model that sports a thick tubing. im talking about the manifolds of course.

ive also seen a post on H-T where the epoxy assembled turbo fell apart

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the ssac stuff is actually improving in quality. i have one of their manifolds, and it appears to be of decent quality. it had some rough edges that i ground off, but otherwise, the welds are clean, tubing is pretty thick, and flanges are all flat. the problem on ebay now is the ssac knockoffs (yes, knockoffs of knockoffs), which is what you see in those horror stores of turbos falling apart and stuff. those parts are awful, and look just like the 'real' ssac ones.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
XS power makes ssautochrome btw

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brian Spilner said:
ive heard of kids making 400whp on ssac s**t so in my book they are A-OK!
thats assuming all ssac parts are created equal through the manufacturing process. the problem is really manufacturing inconsistency. somthing you see all of the time with OBX lsd's.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'va also heard they have gotten better, but I'd never put one on a supra. Ever.