stabilizer link help!

jayzz2

5+ Year Member
My wife owns a 2001 civic Si coupe ( canadian version of your ex). The front stabilizer links are gone resulting in a really loud banging going over bumps which makes the car sound like a P.O.S. I am wondering how difficult it is to replace them and if I should go with stock pieces or if any aftermarket companies make a better piece. Thanks for your help guys and girls!

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not sure exactly what the issue is off hand, but I would probably just go after market for what your looking for skunk2 and eibach put out some great products if you have them available in your area.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just stick with oem honda links. the way i remove them is break off the rest of the link part maybe with a prybar and hammer, and do the same with the grey plastic pieces that will be left on the swaybar and control arm. also rip off the black boot so its easier to grip on the ball part once you get the grey plastic off. spray your threads with some kind of rust penetrant and grap a pair of vice grips and a 14mm wrench or socket. worst case you might need a torch to heat it up a bit but should come off. when you put the new one on you'll obviously need that 14mm wrench and a allen wrench to keep it from spinning. i forget the size of it. but good luck. hope this helps