Start Button Project

bobby2552

Respected
If you have read my other posts, you'll know that I have gotten rid of my keyfob, and replaced it with a RFID card. Now, I have to keep carrying around a key for starting it, so, I'm making a start button/switch. I don't have it wired into the car yet, but the button and switch are installed. I have included a picture. More to come later!! Please ask questions!! I love hearing from you guys!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P | 1999 Honda Civic DX Sedan

West Dylan

Respected
If this is a 7th generation, how do you plan on bypassing the immobilizer? Never quite looked into those systems.

bobby2552

Respected
If this is a 7th generation, how do you plan on bypassing the immobilizer? Never quite looked into those systems.
6th gen. The wiring diagram seems to indicate that you just have to connect the given wires to +12v and tada. We'll have to see.

i had this problem with my 97 but didint know that was the issue untill my buddie said try taken the fuse out for the alarm and see if the car will start...................sure enough lol

That's the plan. Thanks!

quick question man?................did you car not come with cruise control where that blank spot in your dash is next to the light dimmer or did it come with a blank piece there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quick question man?................did you car not come with cruise control where that blank spot in your dash is next to the light dimmer or did it come with a blank piece there?

Shot in the dark, it probably didn't come with cruise, since it looks like it's a Dx model.

bobby2552

Respected
i had this problem with my 97 but didint know that was the issue untill my buddie said try taken the fuse out for the alarm and see if the car will start...................sure enough lol

I have the most basic civic. No cruise, crank windows, etc. So the only piece in that little collection of black things that had something on it was the illumination adjuster. The other ones I took out because I was sure I would find a use for them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have the most basic civic. No cruise, crank windows, etc. So the only piece in that little collection of black things that had something on it was the illumination adjuster. The other ones I took out because I was sure I would find a use for them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
no worrie's man civic is civic no matter what type you have its about what you do with it that count's :rocker: