Starter Quesion

maledmon

Hey, I have a 92 Civic hatch with a D15B7 in it. I need a new starter for it, and was planning to go the route of all my other parts I have needed (Junkyard) and have been searching everywhere to find out if a starter from a car that is an automatic will work in my car its a stick. I have seen that there are several different brands, and I am not sure which I have. I took it out of the car and was not able to find any markings on it. All I really need to know is if they are interchangeable. Just a little more information it looks like it was green at one point in time if that helps at all.
Thanks.

RonJ

Banned
Go to the Majestic Honda website and look up the part number for the starter of your car. Then look up the starter part number for auto and other Civics for which you have interchangeability questions. Do they have the same part number?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No. Manuals go on manuals, autos go on autos. They're $120 at auto zone. All d series manual starters should fit, however.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

maledmon

Thanks a ton you guys I ended up going to autozone and picking one up. 8 minutes worth of work in the dark not too shabby...