Starting new. 2007 coupe 'build'.

AndrewPicon

I've recently decided to mess with my 2007 civic coupe, EX model. It's an automatic but that's not a concern for me. I've had manuel drive cars and right now, I'm comfortable with an automatic[:

My 2007 civic coupe. It's a nice car to have, drives extremely smooth and reliable.

A while ago, I had a friend install some fog lights for me but the switch didn't reach, I had to leave the switch in the hood and pop it every time i wanted to turn the fog lights on/off. I was driving on the freeway and hit something hard, but small. It caught a hold of the wires for the fogs lights and ripped them out, whatever it was managed to split my bupbers lip and the rip stopped right at the license plate. I had to throw the lights away and get a new bumper entirely.

I tried putting an intake on my car. I went to the local shop and of course, i get bad product. First, i got the wrong intake even though it was sealed in a box that said '07 civic coupe'. Second, it didn't come with everything i need (rubber insert guards, little hoses that didn't even fit.) Me and some friends had trouble before we found out it wast for my car. It was bogging out at 5 rpms, but i can still accelerate but extremely slowly, so i took it off.
In the mist of installing it, we cut out the stock intake box. So now, i have somewhat of a short ram intake? It's hotter air than before but there's more air circulation now.

Today, i got sick and decided to paint my rims white, they're already on the car and I actually like the way they look. The end of the rims are a little bigger but, to me, they resemble rota slipstreams a bit. They're flat white, but I'm going to redo them with a glass white.

Installed my fog lights (second pair). While i was installing them, I had the same problem as before, they switch didn't reach. Instead of making it reach by rewiring it, it just wired them to my HIDs. It's safe and a while lot easier, in my opinion. You just cut the wire from the fogs and HIDs then wire them together, be sure to also wire the grounds as well.

I finally decided to go ahead and get the paint and have the gloss finish on the wheels[: and also put on some window visors, I'm still looking for the sunroof and rear visor. They're a bit hard to come by. I also cut my stock springs. Generally, you're not supposed to. I've heard that once you ride them too much, they start wearing down and at that point, they'll only give you problems from there. I went ahead and cut 1 coil in the front and 2 coils in the back. My car does sit evenly though and it still rides smooth. I want to cut them more but I'm going to just wait until i purchase some coil overs.

Now, I'm stuck here. I don't know why but my hood is sitting lower than it's suppose to. I honestly have NO idea why. the end of the hood that's closer to the windshield is fine, it doesn't sit further up even though the other side closes and is too low. I was wondering if anyone can help me out?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No offence man but your ragging out a NEW car.

The reason your switch doesn't reach is because you're buying cheap knock-off fogs.
Minus the cut springs, hacked intake, and cheap fogs it's a good start. I would definitely invest in some decent coilovers though.

AndrewPicon

it's cool, its an opinion though.
Im unemployed and have no source of income, if you think about that, I'm pretty sure my car is clean lol.

as far as the coils, I'm waiting for 3-5 business days. maybe more knowing how everyone lags a bit.
my fogs fit i just don't want to run it with the wires because i'd have to go right behind the motor and remove the throttle body.
my intake is stock, just receiving more air flow, isn't that a plus? not really ragging, and the rims; i like them and don't want different ones, plus the ones i like don't usually come in 17 inches and 5 lug.

AndrewPicon

and if you're putting your opinion in, can you at least help out? lol

as far as the hood goes.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not hatin, just sayin.

But as far as the hood goes I really don't know. Hood latch?

AndrewPicon

i know not hating, just good criticism [:

no, i checked the latch. it still shuts securely, I'm not sure why, it just falls deeper than usual.
Im about to research a bit on google, or at least try to aha

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good!

Also, I don't think cutting springs is that big of a deal if you're planning on getting coilovers soon, cause your shocks will last for some amount of time

AndrewPicon

The shop near where i stay is getting a whole shipment is some odd number of business days now, so i guess what ever he ordered, is what i'll end up buying....if it's worth it though lol.

but my friend just hooked me up with some rear lowering springs, so it should be better until the coil overs ship in.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your fog light switch does not reach, extend the wires…

AndrewPicon

I was going to until I had decided to just wire them with the headlights.
Considering i drop and broke the switch for my fogs lol. i took off with my windows down and it was on my dash, i didn't noticed until it was too late -_- ahaa

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice hope you find a job so you can build your car the right way

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
There are little rubber bumpers under the hood on the radiator support. They rise and lower when you twist them. Someone must have twisted one down. Try that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AndrewPicon

There are little rubber bumpers under the hood on the radiator support. They rise and lower when you twist them. Someone must have twisted one down. Try that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot, i'll go see right now.

AndrewPicon

Today i was walking around auto zone because i had to restock on car wash supplies.
I seen this and decided to get it for 20 bucks lol. (The rack)