Steering wheel pulls to the right?

jimmy_rose92

when im driving my steering wheel will slowly start pulling its self to the right doing 60 mph my tires are bad, and iver heard two things i dont think its either! i heard it pulls cause bad tires idt so, and or a worped rotor but if that was the case my brake pedal would be pulsating which its not so help me out thanks?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check your tires to see if there's uneven wear. This could be because of problem with the alignment.

Another possibility is that the road is just angled to the right so that water drains off of it and you're feeling that through the wheel.

How bad is it pulling to the right?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It could be the tires but you probably need an alignment. I would get new tires first, have them balanced and then have your alignment checked.

jimmy_rose92

yea i understand the road could be just angled but its not just some roads its all it couple months ago i use to be able to take my hand of the steering wheel for about 10 to 20 seconds and ill be going straight now cant take it off for no more than like 5 seconds or less ill be almost on the side of the road, gettn newish tires in a few days.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like the alignment is off to me.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not just check the tires for wear. you'd at least be able to narrow the problem down. and if your new tires and alignment doesnt fix it you might have some direction to try next.

also why are you taking your hands off the wheel?

blknpurple

If the car slowly drifts to the next lane, it's alignment. If it pulls drastically, it's tire issue. If your tires are bad, get new tires and check your alignment. Sears check alignment and your front end free!

jimmy_rose92

alright thanks guys ill narrow it down, and ive tooken my hand off for the steering wheel changing cds or lookn for different ones or texting lmao but cant really do either anymore lol.

Fat_Kid

I would check the front end for play. Loose inner or outer tie rods or ballpoints. If everything is tight. Swap the tires around n drive the car. You may have a tire pull. I would hate to see you spend $60 for an alignment when it may not be out of spec. Also check tire pressure. Just an idea

jimmy_rose92

alright thanks still havent done nothing yet besides checked tire pressure which is normal so gettn newer tires in few days from my budddy thanks appreciate the help cause tight on money right now too.

jimmy_rose92

if i a had a stuck right front brake caliper would that effect how my ebrake works cause somtimes it works as well and sometimes you can go up and down with it like nothing?????

lowandslowek

if i a had a stuck right front brake caliper would that effect how my ebrake works cause somtimes it works as well and sometimes you can go up and down with it like nothing?????
no the ebrake is connected to the back brakes... and that's gonna be a whole other issue

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could have a stuck right front brake caliper
if it was a stuck brake caliper the car would have a harder time getting up to speed, after a while you prolly start smelling the brakes (depending on how cheap the calipers are) and it'd pull a whole hell of a lot harder to the right.

I recommend what everyone else said except ^^this guy. check your tires for uneven wear, if it is uneven then your alignment is gonna be off, if there isn't uneven wear then check the tire pressure. If you do get an alignment done and with new or newish tires and it still pulls then I'd start checking tie rod ends and ball joints that might be going bad

jimmy_rose92

alright thanks, ill be getting newish tires tomorrow, and seee if the tires are the prroblem, and if it still does then ill be gettn an alignment. thanks.

lowandslowek

if it was a stuck brake caliper the car would have a harder time getting up to speed, after a while you prolly start smelling the brakes (depending on how cheap the calipers are) and it'd pull a whole hell of a lot harder to the right.

I recommend what everyone else said except ^^this guy. check your tires for uneven wear, if it is uneven then your alignment is gonna be off, if there isn't uneven wear then check the tire pressure. If you do get an alignment done and with new or newish tires and it still pulls then I'd start checking tie rod ends and ball joints that might be going bad
i have seen that happen before... as well as plugged brake hoses.... i see it enough times where if a car pulls that's the first thing i check now at my work...and they dont always make it pull really hard or smell like heated up pads.

jimmy_rose92

thanks guys it was my bad tires lmao, both my right ones were showing wires, my right front was bald showing wires, and my back right one had a big ball in it when i drove it looked like my tire was guna wobble off lol and was showing wires but got those new ones from my budddy and goood to gooo like new again just need to get those tires balanced than goood thanks guys.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can get an alignment for good measure and be sure to check the pressures in them regularly. Keep those tires in good shape =)