Stereo upgrade question

dtom4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've upgraded my stereo and installed a 400W amp driving a Bazooka bass tube. I plan on adding 2 6X9 speakers later. The head unit is a 45W per channel sony driving 4 speakers and a cd changer. I'm worried the stock alternator won't be able to handle the power draw of all the added electronics. Any thoughts? I'm sure many of you have experience with higher end systems in your car. Thanks

Dave T.

hondadna

Rep the 330!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 450w (1ch) profile amp driveing two 12 and a 300w(4ch) bazooka driveing the door and deak speakers (stock size) a carlion (sp?) head unit with t.v. and sat. radio, xbox, two radar det. and a cell phone charger on my stock ex alternator and had only a problem with the head lights diming at idle but did a ground wiring mod and fixed it no problems now

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got a 600w 5ch Directed Amp running all my speaker and sub. I have the radar detector in too. I don't have any problems with power with stock alt. I don't have any dimming problems either, but I still want to do the ground upgrade.

95 civic hatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had a 600 watt ma pusing a audiobahn 15 with audio pipe componets and i also have a 6.5 monitor and ps2 underbody lights radar detector and lights under the dash the altenator will be fine but if you want you can add a second battery for an extra sense of security.....

hondadna

Rep the 330!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 450w (1ch) profile amp driveing two 12 and a 300w(4ch) bazooka driveing the door and deak speakers (stock size) a carlion (sp?) head unit with t.v. and sat. radio, xbox, ....
Wow can't believe how rice I was back then....

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha, everyone went thru that stage dood, it wasnt just you

JDMchula

c0up3 stAY Fr3SH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dunno I guess it depends. for me I had 2 12" subs and 2 amps. hell if I no all the watts but when I crancked it up my stock headlights was flickering alittle 2 the beat lmao .mayb there was a way 2 get around that glitch but I didn't know at da time.