Stereo Wiring trouble

JDMCoupe97

Morgan
5+ Year Member
I am trying to set up my stereo and i am having trouble when it comes to hooking all the wires and rca cords to the amp, i dont understand what all the channels really mean, which to link, what port to plug in my sub because there isnt one marked sub, speakers, etc. please help!:?:

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of headunit is it? and how many sets of out puts are there?

OverboostSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to provide more information on what you want to accomplish and what parts you have to work with.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get yourself one of these...

hook up the wires from the stereo to this...color to color...then plug it into your car...then there should be a blue wire marked "ant" or "remote" connect that to you amp, marked antenna/remote...get pwoer wire/ ground wire hooked...connect the RCAs to the output on the stereo...

installdr.com

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
chadi said:

hook up the wires from the stereo to this...color to color...then plug it into your car...then there should be a blue wire marked "ant" or "remote" connect that to you amp, marked antenna/remote...get pwoer wire/ ground wire hooked...connect the RCAs to the output on the stereo...

installdr.com
X2 good ppl just got mine form them a week ago.

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
chadi said:

installdr.com
Werd. I just hooked up my stereo this past weekend. (I'm about to make a tutorial). If you get one of those tools ($10) and about 13 wire nuts (or solder the wires), hook up your wires, cram every thing in your car. bada-boom, bada-bing. presto install-o.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

if you don't know how to do it, don't do it. if you insist on doing it yourself, go read up on the eight gazillion DIYs of how to install a deck.

just my pet peeve. :what:

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:

if you don't know how to do it, don't do it. if you insist on doing it yourself, go read up on the eight gazillion DIYs of how to install a deck.

just my pet peeve. :what:
Werd......WERD... Its not that hard at all. My first time installing a stereo and it was straight forward....unlike wiring my aftermarket tachometer....

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chadi said:

installdr.com

Since a lot of people neglected to correct you...... NEVER hook an antenna wire to the remote turn on lead of the amp.... the subs will only work when you switch the radio to AM/FM, it wont work when he puts a CD in