Stiffer spring rates with minimal or no lowering options...

DMoneyTT

Hi all,
The title pretty well sums it up. My civic just has an unacceptable amount of body roll, and I really want to improve the handling. I am not going to be buying new wheels, but I have installed a 99-00 SI rear swaybar that helped significantly. I have also purchased some 185/60/14 Sumitomo performance tires to go on the stock wheels once the awful tires I'm running now are dead. I figured the lower profile will help some with body roll and grip since the sidewall will be slimmer and stiffer. The slightly lower final gearing should help the slug get off the line too.

The big concern I have is that the spring rates are just too soft to ever give spirited handling. This car is my daily driver, so I do not want to go to a race spring rate, or lower the car a lot. I personally don't like the look of lowered cars, plus I actually drive my car down rough roads, dirt roads, and through the occasional field from time to time, so minimal lowering is required.

I have looked at the H&R OE Sports, and the Eibach Pro-kit, but I am afraid that these will lower the car more than I want (an inch or less, or NONE, is okay). I also have heard that despite the almost identical spring rates that the OE Sports do not provide the same handling improvement as the Eibachs.

I would also consider one of the adjustable coil-over sleeves so I could adjust the ride height to stock if they are actually a good product.

I would also consider Integra springs if they would give me the higher spring rates without much, if any, lowering.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks

motakitty

Sorry i can't help but i noticed you didn't say what year,model your civic was

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
adjustable coilovers are the way to go. i love them and i can take some tight corners with them, just dont know what brand they are or id let you know. they can go pretty low but also give it the stock look if you raise them.

CitySushi

Canitakeordarprease
I'm guessing you have a civic between the years of 92-00 because you installed a em1 rear sway bar on it. I suggest buying a set of koni yellows and ground control coilovers. You can pick your spring rates and retain factory ride height.

Kenneth

5+ Year Member
Coilovers are the only option. Their doesn't appear to be any other choices, other than lowering, or coilovers. I had exactly the same problem, I chose a minimal lowering spring. It did fix the problem. But it does scrape on high spots. My car sees only highway, so it's no big deal. I didn't want to spend a lot of money fixing it either. So I'd really have to recommend the coilovers for your situation. A stiffer spring rate would be great at stock height. But from what I found, they just don't make that.