Stock Hatch vs Buddy Club Hatch

Zaiber

5+ Year Member
So recently I've been thinking of taking my hatch back to stock (it has old buddy club rear bumper and flares), and decided stock flares and bumpers with some lips would probably look really good. But then I saw the new Buddy club civic body kit and now I don't know what to do.

I haven't seen the kit on the road, so if anyone has can they give me a heads up on what looks better?

I'm not really ilooking for JDM or anything like that, just factory or the body kit. I just like the buddy club kit 'cause it doesn't look too exagerated like some i've seen.

Thanks in advance guys.

This is the kit:

Front:

Side:

Rear:

And this would be close to the stock I'm referring:

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moved to the correct location!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh my, I'm sorry. I must've dozed off browsing and posted in the wrong forum. I'm really really sorry.
not a problem at all. that's what I'm here for. :D

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sir is the body kit I have... I had fiberglass and sold the front and the sides because I hated the cracking... I ended up get a Wings West Urethane kit... I am working on finishing it or I would post pics... Plus my car is kinda riced out right now... Taking it to a buddy's in a week or 2 and I will start Project DE-RICE lol.. But if you ask me, I LOVE the kit... Looks clean as f**k when done properly and installed well...

Zaiber

5+ Year Member
That sir is the body kit I have... I had fiberglass and sold the front and the sides because I hated the cracking... I ended up get a Wings West Urethane kit... I am working on finishing it or I would post pics... Plus my car is kinda riced out right now... Taking it to a buddy's in a week or 2 and I will start Project DE-RICE lol.. But if you ask me, I LOVE the kit... Looks clean as f**k when done properly and installed well...
Thanks for the input man! May I ask how much did it cost you? Also, is your ride lowered?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here is a few pics of my car a few yrs ago... And yes people I ditched the Eye Lids on the lights and the banner is coming off when I get the windshield replaced, it covers the crack lol.. But since it doesn't have an engine at the moment what's the point? lol And at the time I thought it looked damn good...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the input man! May I ask how much did it cost you? Also, is your ride lowered?
No Problem man.. I got my kit originally for about 500 I believe.. had some issues with it because of it being fiberglass... Then I got my Urethane kit for like 200 I believe... Different side skirts now than the ones above.. But I did have those before....

My car is lowered enough to bring it right on top of the tires... So about 2-2.5 in.... Hope that helps...

And yes with a kit or a lip kit dropped you will have to go over bumps at an angle or on dips lol... Sucks but if its not a DD it is fine.... Mine was a DD for 3 yrs with the kit...

Zaiber

5+ Year Member
No Problem man.. I got my kit originally for about 500 I believe.. had some issues with it because of it being fiberglass... Then I got my Urethane kit for like 200 I believe... Different side skirts now than the ones above.. But I did have those before....

My car is lowered enough to bring it right on top of the tires... So about 2-2.5 in.... Hope that helps...

And yes with a kit or a lip kit dropped you will have to go over bumps at an angle or on dips lol... Sucks but if its not a DD it is fine.... Mine was a DD for 3 yrs with the kit...
Ok thanks! I don't really plan on lowering my car, stock height is fine for me (I have a similar rear bumper and bigger than stock side skirts so it doesn't look too tall).. Just checking 'cause you said you got tired of the cracks.

I'll need to see how much it'll fetch me over here since I'm at Puerto Rico, shipping might be tough on me. Also, did you isntall it yourself or did someone else do it?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I do all the work my self.. I never let other people do work for me... Built not bought! But now I am going a different route so we will see on the kit lol...

Honestly if you don't lower it then don't touch it IMO... Civics not lowered look retarded ESPECIALLY with a kit... It just looks dumb and doesn't match!

Yeah it may not be cheap... I got mine on craigslist (the urethane) because it was beat up pretty bad.. But with a little sanding it is fine... Check out the flex kits on Ebay

Zaiber

5+ Year Member
I do all the work my self.. I never let other people do work for me... Built not bought! But now I am going a different route so we will see on the kit lol...

Honestly if you don't lower it then don't touch it IMO... Civics not lowered look retarded ESPECIALLY with a kit... It just looks dumb and doesn't match!

Yeah it may not be cheap... I got mine on craigslist (the urethane) because it was beat up pretty bad.. But with a little sanding it is fine... Check out the flex kits on Ebay
It already has beat up side skirts and a beat up rear bumper, and the fenders and front bumper are not painted. I did have my car lowered but there's too many pot holes here in PR for it, so I put it back up and clearance looks good with stock springs and KYB struts.