stock injectors and fuel pump?

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey i have a b16a1 that i will be turboing over winter and i was just wondering if i only am goin to fun 6 psi tuned with hondata s300 do i need to get like 440 injectors and a better fuel pump or will i be just fine with stock? thanks

PNK SLP

5+ Year Member
hey man
my friend has a 99 si b16(fully built) turboed to 8psi running stock injectors he was doin ok with them but after a few months there crapping out on him and hes boggin really bad at boost. Id say get 550's to be safe and if u wanna boost more later u can...and to me 6psi is not even worth the money or time to boost..ull barley feel it kick with that low of boost ..just to let u no but good luck

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
6psi is fine. he will feel plenty of power. plus, with stock internals he doesn't want to go over 8psi or he will blow up his motor.
back to the question though, YES get some bigger injectors but a fuel pump is NOT necessary with that low of boost.

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok thanks a lot guys your a big help, well i just don't want to blow up my baby and im not ready to do a complete build of a motor so.... i want to be safe then sorry lol. so i guess i will go with 6 or 7 psi =) haha with stock fuel pump and then some prolly 450 dsm injectors with the resisters wired in.... sounds like a plan ?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehhhh..... It be better if you got yourself some injectors dude. You don't have to get that big of ones either. I'm using 310's myself when a bunch of other's are using 450's with the same setup. Your stock fuel pump is good tho!

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok thanks a lot guys your a big help, well i just don't want to blow up my baby and im not ready to do a complete build of a motor so.... i want to be safe then sorry lol. so i guess i will go with 6 or 7 psi =) haha with stock fuel pump and then some prolly 450 dsm injectors with the resisters wired in.... sounds like a plan ?
thats what id run.....o wait i am running 450 injectors :lol:

but man as well go with the 450s over the 310s.....that way if you wanna turn up the boost later on you can....plus their the same price lol

stock fuel pump should be fine til around 250whp....

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what id run.....o wait i am running 450 injectors :lol:

but man as well go with the 450s over the 310s.....that way if you wanna turn up the boost later on you can....plus their the same price lol

stock fuel pump should be fine til around 250whp....
yeah? the 310's I'm using right now on 8psi are still too big and I never told him to use them. I was just letting him know what I am running. Not to mention that my ghetto piece of s**t would run circles around your's anyway. :lol:

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah? the 310's I'm using right now on 8psi are still too big and I never told him to use them. I was just letting him know what I am running. Not to mention that my ghetto piece of s**t would run circles around your's anyway. :lol:
haha for now.....wait until i can get a good dyno tune :twisted:

....then we'll see whose talkin s**t :P:lol::cool:

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha can't wait to see this go down lol.... but thanks a ton guys its been a big help.... anything else anyone has to suggest?

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
6psi is fine. he will feel plenty of power. plus, with stock internals he doesn't want to go over 8psi or he will blow up his motor.
back to the question though, YES get some bigger injectors but a fuel pump is NOT necessary with that low of boost.
How do you figure he will blow it up on 8pounds? Don't give false info...

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
might be ^^^ not really sure....i upgraded cause im gonna turn up the boost once i get a better tune....

yea... 8psi on a small turbo is nothing compared to 8psi on a big turbo....different turbos produce diff power....what you shoulda said is he doesnt want to go over 250whp.....i know a bunch of ppl running fine tuned cars with a lil under 250whp.....anything over and you will probably snap a rod in half....

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hes got a b it can do more than 250. 300 is what ive always heard on b series.

rexman

hondas for life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
any healthy b series on a good tune can put down 300 hp

lsvtecEK4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fully built, boosted or sprayed maybe....

D's can do the same boosted as well. :D

its not uncommon for a stock gsr to put down 300+whp stock internals on 12-13psi out of X turbo. its less common now IMO bc everyone is smarter and would rather their engines last more then 2-3 months lol.

250hp on stock pump? i leaned out at 200wheel on a stock pump, 450cc injectors, etc. weak pump? possibly. thats why tuning is so important lol

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a stock b series can put down 300whp and last more than 2 months if its tuned right

lsvtecEK4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive seen it happen more then a handfull of times. its always the ringlands on 2/3 that go on the intake side. it happens. regardless of the tune, stock internals just arent a permanent idea for a higher hp car

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not uncommon for a stock gsr to put down 300+whp stock internals on 12-13psi out of X turbo. its less common now IMO bc everyone is smarter and would rather their engines last more then 2-3 months lol.
I have no idea why you quoted me :what: because I already know this. :lol: