STOLEN CAR: Red 1999 Honda Civic EX coupe

CiViCKiDD

5+ Year Member
I posted this on a few Honda forums, hope you guys don't mind my posting it here (I'll remove it if you guys want). My baby was stolen sometime on Sunday, 3/9/08, from my driveway, while I was home. I still can't figure out if it was towed or broken into (don't see any glass). It's a pretty much stock 1999 milano red Civic EX coupe. It has a crack on the passenger side bumper, "JDM" black housing headlights, a small (1" x 2" i think) rust spot on the hood, and the passenger fender isn't perfectly aligned with the hood (all from that fender bender). It also has oem mudflaps, backlight for gauges is red (instead of the usual dull white), and a silver Insignia MP3 CD deck. Was a 5-speed manual. Please call the cops or me (914-713-6278) if you know anything about this.

I'll try to find and add some more pictures.

This was in Sayreville, NJ (central jersey). :(

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man.. Sorry to hear.. :-(

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn too many cars ar getting stolen around here....
i hope you find it tho

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn man. I'm in Jersey and will keep an eye out for you.....A lot of Civics getting stolen lately.

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theives are going crazy lately!!!!! my civic got stolen like 2 weeks ago....my buddies turbo'd h22 eg got stolen last week, my friends old celica got broken into the same night my car was stolen, and now yours.....good luck on finding it man.....i feel your pain

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I guess it doesn't even matter the condition anymore, cause that car looked beat.

oneThree

dcshoeco
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
another one gone, another one gone
another one bites the dust.

death to the thieves.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i swear i would f**king beat one to a pulp.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i doubt it was towed, a civic like yours is so f**ken easy to steal with no security system at all, they could have even used a shaved key and drove it away like anyone would get into a drive their own car. more than likely it was stolen for 1 of three reasons:

1. for a car to use when stealing other cars
2. Joy riding kids
3. to replace stock parts on a 96-00 civic

CiViCKiDD

5+ Year Member
Just got a shady call a few minutes ago...some hispanic sounding guy called and asked how much I wanted for the car. He apparently saw my craigslist posting (http://newjersey.craigslist.org/car/607678688.html), and I clarified by saying I'm not selling it, I'm looking for it. He responded by saying "oh, I thought you found it and were now selling it," but looking at the craigslist posting I made I don't see how one can misunderstand...

I did a reverse lookup on the phone number, but it looks like it's a verizon cellphone. I really can't accuse him of anything but incompetence, but I wished I knew where he lived so I could drive around the area...

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got a shady call a few minutes ago...some hispanic sounding guy called and asked how much I wanted for the car. He apparently saw my craigslist posting (http://newjersey.craigslist.org/car/607678688.html), and I clarified by saying I'm not selling it, I'm looking for it. He responded by saying "oh, I thought you found it and were now selling it," but looking at the craigslist posting I made I don't see how one can misunderstand...

I did a reverse lookup on the phone number, but it looks like it's a verizon cellphone. I really can't accuse him of anything but incompetence, but I wished I knew where he lived so I could drive around the area...
notify the police

CiViCKiDD

5+ Year Member
I would call the cops, but as I mentioned earlier all I can accuse him of is incompetence......

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i would tell the popo asap. that alone could make him a person of interest. not a suspect but they would have a reason to at least ask him a few questions.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

you did post it in a for sale section. i dont think he would call you if he did steal your car.

post this on b20.

edit: how do you have a 914 area code in nj?

CiViCKiDD

5+ Year Member
I have a VoIP phone (using a Stanaphone account), I think when I signed up with them that was the closest area code I could find...I've got a cellphone too, but I'd rather not post that all over the internet... =)