Stolen? Research Motor VIN?

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah screw that guy.....if theres no trace of a spot where the vin should be then that means someone went through a lot of trouble to get the tag off....and i dont think anyone in their right mind would remove their vin tag just for shits and giggles....i say back out and save up for a swap that you know is gonna be legit.....www.hmotorsonline.com has a lot of good motors and their about the same price as any other site....

DorseyR

LoS
5+ Year Member
damn, so all u wit JDM motors gots vins on blocks? and what stops cops from taking ur jdm motors? this guy really must be pullin my chain, what about on the tranny? think he said usdm 96 GSR an under had VINS on tranny only... i guess all i need 2 kno other than if this fool is rippin me off is...will i get owned by cops if they see no VINS but I have bill of sale from seller an maybe his drivers license # an info... other than the fact that it'll be a 96 obd I in a 2000 =/ ima cheap bastard @ the moment...school makin me go broke!

Kenzo

5+ Year Member
why does it matter if its stolen???

do you get powned if u get caught? whats the deal, me noob

DorseyR

LoS
5+ Year Member
why does it matter if its stolen???

do you get powned if u get caught? whats the deal, me noob
wish things were as easy as u see them :lol: i hear too many crushing and or impounding stories down here that give me reason to hesitate :(

98EKDX

5+ Year Member
JDM motors you cant get nabbed for it being stolen it is a company that sells them so you will have a billed receipt. Also in Japan their emissions are different then around here I think it is around 40 or 50 thousand miles something like that their motors are to be taking out for some odd reason. Not 100% percent on that but pretty positive. AND a cop cant do anything about a Jap motor swap they cant look up the vin numbers cuz they arent in the US meaning they cant do s**t.

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hows that not true. do u steal s**t to get ur jollies in a twist?
Alot of people steal things nowadays if it looks pretty just to part out and sell it. Some people make it a business to sell stolen items. Doin a request for customers, seems too professional nowadays. Besides the kids that steal cars/parts now are usually younger teens that dont work and cant afford parts.

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JDM motors you cant get nabbed for it being stolen it is a company that sells them so you will have a billed receipt. Also in Japan their emissions are different then around here I think it is around 40 or 50 thousand miles something like that their motors are to be taking out for some odd reason. Not 100% percent on that but pretty positive. AND a cop cant do anything about a Jap motor swap they cant look up the vin numbers cuz they arent in the US meaning they cant do s**t.
their emissions are a lot more strict and at 50k theyre required to have basically anything to do with emissions replaces.......piston rings, injectors, fuel rail, filter, fuel lines, catalytic converter, blah blah blah, and in the end its cheaper to just get a new motor so thats what they do and thats why honda is so badass, so many spare motors for all of us! haha

DorseyR

LoS
5+ Year Member
sooo, if this guy says he can put together a b16 block wit GSR head & tranny, obd I ecu wit my 00 obd IIb sensors, remanufactured axles, distributor an blaah blaah the whole deal for 2500...should i go wit it? if its a jdm block i wont be so concerned i guess but does that setup sound legit for my 00 ex other than the fact that it's gonna be daily driven thru socal & my hood could be popped?? s**t decisions decisions....

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont bother calling the cops. they will tell u 2 bring the car in w/ the motor installed and if the motor is stolen they will take ur car neway, they dnt check motor vins over the phone.
simply ask the shop if they got papers for the motor, there suppos 2 b professional so they should have the papers 4 the motor. no papers, no sale.
idk what seems sketchy 2 u tho. i could get gsr's for the same price legally wit papers. 3500 is stretchin it. it take 30min to put a motor in and the extra 1g is jus a universal "i want 2 put some $ in my pocket" fee