Stopping by again

Eg Killer

The control unit of the D16z6 engine is the P28 Ecu.It is a bit different from the D15b7-P08 Ecu as it has extra circuitry on board to engage the Vtec for the added horsepower

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
Oh yeah, i got the p28; i thought you were talking about an extra 'chip' that would go inside the ecu.

Eg Killer

Yah that's the chip probably there is another chip that could go in the Ecu but idk I have to ask around

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
Out here, there alot of shops thatll sell a chipped p28 for about $150. Maybe in the future.

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
Nah, i got a virgin p28 for $75, not bad eh. I see them go mainly for $100 but this guy couldnt wait to get rid of it. So i waited for a bit and got him to bring it down. Invested so far...i believe i paid $120 for the z6 head and block and integra water pump, $25 for the z6 dizzy, $30 for the cam gear, $103 (w/shipping) for the ARP head studs, $85 for the OBX fuel rail, $30 for the FPR, $50 for the underdrive pulley, $95 for the head gasket set, the RSX leathers i got them on an even trade for my Fat 5's, the matte black vinyl is $70 for the first bit im getting....I will get some new injectors for $100, new 205/40R17 tires (4) for $59/each, rear disc brake conversion for $120 and im not sure how much ill spend on the interior yet. Parts will probably be added on as things progress but thats what i know ive got so far or will be getting for sure.So thats about $683 ive spent so far. Since im breaking things up and getting them at different times, I dont really notice the cost.

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
Update 9/1/2011:

Ok so today i got the first part of my matte black vinyl in the mail. It was not as workable as i'd hoped it would be, but it came out ok. Ive gotta pass over it tomorrow w/the heat gun to get out some wrinkles. Heres some pics:

Trunk prepped:

Not too bad.

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
I had enough vinyl left over so i decided to cover the driver side rear door and the gas door:

Before the wrap:

After:

Gotta spray those door moldings:

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
That wrap job is sexy!!!! Makes me wanna do something like that! Its a good idea to chip the ecu so it can be tuned. You'll get more out of the engine that way. Your compression will be a little diff., if you have bolt ons it will maximize them as well. Great job on the build...i just order fr n rr lip for mines plus some other goodies. Next i want the rear window visor. I got one for a coupe not realizing they were different...smh. Great work and keep up the sedan love! im subscribed.

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
Thanks bro. I read your thread, good looking sedan. Too bad the weather messed up your engine. But now you'll be running a full z6 so thats cool. The wrap would be alot easier if i had another person to help me, its a bit of a pain to do it yourself. Especially large areas. I haven't really done anything on the Eg8 recently, been busy on the business. I should have some time to get back to it this weekend.

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Yea thanks. I finished the motor and now im dealing with an oil leak :( But i also have lip kit, ebay dual core radiator, and full turbo kit waiting to be installed. Im just trying to find some free time. lol Cant wait to see your EG finished!

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
Nice, what kind of turbo? x2 on waiting to see what my Eg looks like finished. Ive been doing a few things here and there on it, but im waiting on some parts to come in before i really hit it hard.

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
14g from a mitsuI figured out the oil leak...my head is still leaking. It shouldnt take to long to fix in a day but my ex home boy has a nice chunk of my tools so im gonna hit harbor freight over the next for pay checks and get back right. I have arp head studs to do as well so i might as well just do the turbo when I redo the head. Looks like the car might have to suffer thru the winter..... :(

Axiom1

5+ Year Member
So you cant get your tools back from your ex homie? Well if you got some parts you think ill need, let me know and ill take them off your hands.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
cool wrap stuff. does it handle against the rain and what not or is it just like a couple days thing.