Straight piped cars??

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How many people here straight pipe their cars? Just Wondering...whats the positives and negatives about thuis. Ive always wondered...thanks in advance for all the replies!

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im running straight pipe because people told me it wouldnt sound that bad since im turbo. Well it still sounds like ass. Straight pipe with a d-series sounds like ass....

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no point to a straight pipe. youre not gunna make any more power. and it does sound like ass

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a straight pipe as my cat decided to get clogged, and honda wanted $900 for a new one, and junkyards wanted $200 for used cats.
I got the pipe welded for $30.
It doesnt sound that bad, but I hate the smell without the cat.

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ha ha yeah me too. You loose too much pressure. PLus the 02 sensor wont lemme pass emmissions ;p

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no emmission laws , straight pipe ftw, but that smell makes me nautious, especially when the wind blows your exhaust fumes towards the front at a light or stop :???:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not running w/a cat (if your referring to that as straight pipe), and mine sounds good. I have a 5Zigen exhaust, and it sounds nice and throaty, and I have a D16, with the basic I/H/E (and a ported intake manifold). The exhaust also has a big 12" resonator, then a small 6" resonator about a foot after it. So.... :what:

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like ass, smokes gonna come outta your exhuast nasty ass smell i wouldnt do it run a cat-back instead

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have 2.5" piping straight back to just a megan muffler and it sounds real good. I ran without the muffler for a day (installing sway bar had to take it off) and it sounded pretty terrible.

Ej8civic96

I have 2.5" piping straight back to just a megan muffler and it sounds real good. I ran without the muffler for a day (installing sway bar had to take it off) and it sounded pretty terrible.

so you havestright pipes running from the headers to the muffler?? no cat or resonator ?? hows the sound like does it sound sum wat like a suburu i had i friend tell me it will but idk i have dc headers on with stright cat n a buddyclub exhuzst system starting behind the car

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Depending where you live, you might get a ticket...

sick-vic

Depending where you live, you might get a ticket...
true that, here in fresno cal. the cops always pull over all those hondas (or n-e rice lol) with that funny noice (pipe or resonator ) and make them pop the hood and guess what thats a tiCket for sure :banhim: (it sucks though)

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
so you havestright pipes running from the headers to the muffler?? no cat or resonator ?? hows the sound like does it sound sum wat like a suburu i had i friend tell me it will but idk i have dc headers on with stright cat n a buddyclub exhuzst system starting behind the car
By "a subaru" are you referencing the WRX/STi? They have that sound because of the turbo. Your Honda's not gonna sound like that no matter what you do, unless you boost a h22 or something, and it'll still sound different than a wrx
Oh, and my buddy had a brand new 08 mazda3 (not speed3) and he put a straight pipe on right after he got it and it sounded amazing, so it just depends on the motor mainly