Strange engine power problem

softtouch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a civic esi and sometime, after a while driving, there is a little push and the engine has more power and the car accelerate. Its very strange. Then after a while again, it feels like the aircon switch on, the engine lost a little power again... everything else is normal, not shaking, nothing wrong. Any idea what that can be? Maybe gasolin filter?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is a "esi", philipines car???

im not quite sure i understand
softtouch said:
there is a little push and the engine has more power and the car accelerate. Its very strange. Then after a while again, it feels like the aircon switch on, the engine lost a little power again... everything else is normal, not shaking, nothing wrong.
sounds like when your turn your A/C it doesnt have as much go, but when your turn it off its got go??? cuz thats just how that is if thats what your asking

softtouch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It has nothing to do with the A/C. Its only "like" I switch the A/C on. The car do that even if the A/C is off. If that happen and I push the gas and release immediately, the needle goes up and than down to 200 before it goes back to 750.

VTEC2nr

Registered Cockbite
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like tune-up time to me...new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, oughtta dramatically improve what sounds like intermittent spark problems...

Mr.T

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ehh hate to say it but my friend's b18c did the same thing and they said it was his ECU. Yours may be different situation. Good luck.

T