Strange failure to start.

Tino58

My 93 EX runs great, usually. Today I drove it around town running errands and stopped at Advance to get some parts for another vehicle. I recently changed the water pump, timing belt, thermostat, & harmonic balancer on my EX. I come out of the store jump in to go and the engine won't fire. Everything is good, battery, fuel pump, spark plugs got a spark. AAA Help! "It will be an hour Sir" Whatever, Im going next door to Jersey Mikes for dinner. Come back to car try to start it, same chit. 15 minutes later I attempt again and boom! It starts, I get it home, call AAA and cancel and told them it took them so long my car fixed itself. I have since turned it on and off a few times, have not driven it yet. It is back to starting with no problems. Anyone think that maybe the fuel filter had some junk in it or something else? Thanks!

Tino58

Here is a follow up. It is starting fine now. No one has tried to help. I am not a mechanic. I love this car. So fun to drive. I can red line it through all gears and it is fast. It has an oil leak that a mechanic quoted over $400 to fix. Does not bother me much because I park it on dirt at my home, and put cardboard under it at my girlfriends house. Drips less than a 1\4 quart every 5000 miles or so. No help here anymore for me, so I am serious thinking about selling it. Will be hard to give up the 30+ MPG. Thanks to all those who helped in the past and good luck with all of your Civics!