Strange Symptoms

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So here's what's happening with my hatch, the e-brake light is on all the time..idk why at all. ok it only turns off when my temp gauge goes to where it's supposed to be (slightly below the thermometer) and the temp gauge is always siting above "C" unless I let it sit for like 10 mintues, but that doesn't matter because once I pop it in gear to go it starts to go back down, and it's almost like it runs better when the temp gauge is down idk maybe that one's just me. Alright so who can help me solve these problems?!

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I found out that it could be the break fluid, any input on this statement?

RonJ

Banned
Top off the brake fluid in the reservoir. Does this prevent the cluster brake light from turning on? If so, check your brake pads for wear.

RonJ

Banned
The normal operating temp of your engine should be just below halfway on the gauge. Where does your needle sit?

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the needle is sitting above the "C" it only goes to the midway point after I let it sit, but as soon as I start to drive it goes back down, I checked the fluid and pads, both good.

RonJ

Banned
1) Bleed the cooling system. There may be air trapped in there. It's additionally possible that the thermostat is bad and needs to be replaced. But bleed the system first.

2) There's a float and switch mechanism built into the cap for the brake fluid reservoir. Check whether the float mechanism is stuck in a low fluid position.

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1) Bleed the cooling system. There may be air trapped in there. It's additionally possible that the thermostat is bad and needs to be replaced. But bleed the system first.

2) There's a float and switch mechanism built into the cap for the brake fluid reservoir. Check whether the float mechanism is stuck in a low fluid position.
bled the system, the heat works fine though..
and i will check the mechanism tomorrow morning