street car

Yogie1234

5+ Year Member
i own a stock 89 civic si hatch and i just want a fun daily driver. i'll never take it to the track.

I was just thinking about swapping in a b16 with the header exhaust and new intake.

but with the new power i was unsure as to where to go as far as breaks, and then suspension.

also going to get a short shifter. other then this i'm kinda clueless

i was also wondering if there were any other mods that would make my car more fun to drive.

i'll be adding on this stuff like one at a time so price really isn't an issue.

tell me what you guys think. thanks for helping=)

ryanM

get a nice set of coilovers, that will make the car MUCH more fun to drive. then do your motor swap. you shouldnt have to worry about brakes, but it never hurts to upgrade

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
coilovers will make a world of difference, as will stickier tires, but the moper from your swap will start to feel slow, and you'll crave more. modding cars is like getting tattoos, once you do it once, you'll want to keep going

rexman

hondas for life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id go wit some strut bars as well. the added stiffness will make it feel so much better

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
brembo for the rotors, hawk or aem for the pads, and honda calipers. using integra front/rear brakes helps a lot also, with integra master cylinder and power booster and prop valve. and steel braided brake lines.

also, look into the ls swap instead.

u should just find a cheap 90-91 integra and take all the parts off of it for your civic...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont get cheapo coilovers