Street racers everywhere

CitySushi

Canitakeordarprease
I would like to start off by saying I drive a honda civic, or ej1 if you prefer. The exterior of my car is minimally altered with foglights, spoon rep lip, konig wheels, quiet yonaka catback, it's mildly lowered. I do the speed limit in town and on highways, I live in the slow lane. Now I understand that wanna be, honda owning street racers have given the honda community a bad name. However, I don't understand how everyone and their mother wants to street race a old, slow, no thrills, commuter honda civic, with a driver who obviously isn't showing signs of "streetracer/ricerism". I can't tell you how many times I've had dodge neons, bmw's, diesel trucks, gas pick up trucks, Evo's, mustangs, vw's, etc. rev their motors at me or drop gears right beside me on the highway pulling away then slowing down and repeat, pulling up to a stop light wanting to race, or other shady s**t these idiots do. This type of thing happens at least once a day, sometimes more. I would just like to say that it's extremely annoying. /End rant.

motakitty

I had the same thing when i owned a geo prizim, yes a geo. I once had some one try it i didn't bite and later i passed him pulled over by a cop, that was great. I don't and never have street raced

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
Just do what I do. Look foward and ignore them. Works everytime ;)

Sended from my phone

CitySushi

Canitakeordarprease
I had the same thing when i owned a geo prizim, yes a geo. I once had some one try it i didn't bite and later I passed him pulled over by a cop, that was great. I don't and never have street raced
This would be awesome.
Small penis syndrome
This^
Just do what I do. Look foward and ignore them. Works everytime ;)

Sended from my phone
This is what I do. Most of the time it works, other times laughing hysterically is necessary
Random? How do you like the yonaka exhaust?
I can't say enough good things about it, for the quality, sound, and price it's hard to beat.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Small penis syndrome

/thread
This would be awesome.
When I lived in Florida and was driving my WRX, I use to mess with guys in Ferraris and Lambos by doing that kind of stuff, revving and what not ( delivered pizza at the time ha!). I once lined up next to an Enzo at a light and revved, I took off like I was racing and he just sat there, then came screaming by like a rocket ship XD

Anyway, after a couple of these guys, I got on rt 95 and had an SRT-4 messing with me. After being an idiot to super car drivers, I just went with it. It was around 11:30pm, there was only us and 1 other set of headlights in the far distance behind us. We took it to 135, he had a car length on me and I started to slow. The other headlights in the rear was Broward county sheriff and they nailed his ass, flying past me. I guess he was the bigger ticket. But getting nabbed by the cops is way scarier than 135mph if you ask me. I was s***ting bricks when I saw the lights and then I had to pull over off the highway to catch my breath XD

I've done pulls on open roads to like 5 or 10 over the speed limit, occasionally, but that time and another time racing my friend in his WRX, topping out, was enough for me. I literally have never had the urge again since that. I'd love to have something track worthy, but meh. At this point I don't want to race in something like my Civic cuz I don't want to break s*** and have to replace it XD

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
When I lived in Florida and was driving my WRX, I use to mess with guys in Ferraris and Lambos by doing that kind of stuff, revving and what not ( delivered pizza at the time ha!). I once lined up next to an Enzo at a light and revved, I took off like I was racing and he just sat there, then came screaming by like a rocket ship XD

Anyway, after a couple of these guys, I got on rt 95 and had an SRT-4 messing with me. After being an idiot to super car drivers, I just went with it. It was around 11:30pm, there was only us and 1 other set of headlights in the far distance behind us. We took it to 135, he had a car length on me and I started to slow. The other headlights in the rear was Broward county sheriff and they nailed his ass, flying past me. I guess he was the bigger ticket. But getting nabbed by the cops is way scarier than 135mph if you ask me. I was s***ting bricks when I saw the lights and then I had to pull over off the highway to catch my breath XD

I've done pulls on open roads to like 5 or 10 over the speed limit, occasionally, but that time and another time racing my friend in his WRX, topping out, was enough for me. I literally have never had the urge again since that. I'd love to have something track worthy, but meh. At this point I don't want to race in something like my Civic cuz I don't want to break s*** and have to replace it XD
I had the exact same thing happen to me in my turbo GSR and my buddy in his TA, except he got us both. Never got caught in either of my SRTs though lol.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Yeah i've had some close calls when i had my GTI and mustang, that's why i just stick to speeding on the freeway and keeping an eye open lol

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
He let me go home (still got the speed contest ticket) because I admitted to racing. He walked up and said "who one" and I said "you know who won, damn TA always walks away from me @100mph"

My boy was texting me shitting his pants behind me lol

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I very very rarely get someone that wants to race, and my car is riced the f**k out. I got more action when my car was stock.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They do it to me, too. I think the exhaust is what makes them want to race you. That's what I've always chalked it up to, anyway. I'm way beyond my street racing days, so I do exactly what was mentioned, look straight forward and maintain my speed. It makes the other driver look like a jackass and usually gets them to stop. I don't know. I subscribe to the notion that the other person enjoys racing and simply wants to race. Think of that person as a child. They're just looking for a playmate, and you look like a kid who also likes playing video games. He hands you the controller and waits to see if you'll play.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I subscribe to the notion that the other person enjoys racing and simply wants to race. Think of that person as a child. They're just looking for a playmate, and you look like a kid who also likes playing video games. He hands you the controller and waits to see if you'll play.
Well said, makes perfect sense.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No one ever mess with me when I drive my civic around. But once anyone else drives my civic be it cousins, friends, wife. They all get harassed by other drivers hahaha.

Odd.

I do admit. Sometimes I just want someone to rev at me to race. Sometimes. Haha.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's in time like those where I wish my car was a sleeper. I would enjoy entertaining some drivers every now and then if I knew my car had at least somewhat of a chance.

Ice Cream Kid

It's in time like those where I wish my car was a sleeper. I would enjoy entertaining some drivers every now and then if I knew my car had at least somewhat of a chance.
Once upon a time of friend of mine owned a b16a turbo 98 ex, pretty much race built. No A/C, no power steering, no airbags (it was pretty sketchy)

Outwardly it looked pretty stock, had SI blades, was lowered about an inch and a half, other than that it was just a piddly silver 98 civic with a 99 front and rear conversion. The interesting bit came from the built engine doing about 300 whp

The first time I rode in this thing we came up to a stoplight turning left in the right-er left turn lane onto a highway, and a '90s dodge avenger with a crappy ebay bodykit pulled up next to us with two guys wearing backwards hats and sunglasses at 10pm, whereupon one leaned out the window and yelled "nice turbo!"

Needless to say they got an interesting surprise when the civic blew them away at 130mph :lol:

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought maybe you to travel the highways 1320 frequents but i guess you're just in a slow modified honda.

you should of known what you were in for.

CitySushi

Canitakeordarprease
They do it to me, too. I think the exhaust is what makes them want to race you. That's what I've always chalked it up to, anyway. I'm way beyond my street racing days, so I do exactly what was mentioned, look straight forward and maintain my speed. It makes the other driver look like a jackass and usually gets them to stop. I don't know. I subscribe to the notion that the other person enjoys racing and simply wants to race. Think of that person as a child. They're just looking for a playmate, and you look like a kid who also likes playing video games. He hands you the controller and waits to play
Well said, makes perfect sense.