Street racing busted in Moreno valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hkarmy

Kushboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
3 Arrested, 20 Cars Seized In Street Racing Bust
RIVERSIDE, Calif. Three people were arrested, 100 citations issued and 20 cars were impounded after more than 150 street racers were corralled early Saturday morning by nearly 100 police officers at a shopping center near Moreno Valley.

Police checked the more than 150 cars and impounded 20 of them, Riverside police spokesman Steven Frasher said in a statement. One of the impounded cars had a stolen engine and transmission, while another 14 had altered engines or identification information.

The citations issued were for vehicle code violations. Another 48 citations were issued for illegal engine modifications common in street racing.

Racers had been tearing up the streets for the past several Friday nights at Canyon Crossing, 6187 Valley Springs Parkway, Frasher said. The shopping center is within the Riverside city limits next to Moreno Valley. The crackdown was conducted by a multi-agency task force.

One arrest was for speed exhibition, one for resisting arrest and the third for being drunk in public.

"We want to send a powerful message that street racing will not be tolerated," Riverside police Sgt. Skip Showalter said in a release.

(© 2008 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Video Link

http://cbs2.com/local/Riverside.Street.Racing.2.687707.html

All i have to say is stupidity

so what do you people think

oneThree

dcshoeco
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wouldnt you think to meet up at a different place if you have been tearing it up for the past few fri nights?

Hkarmy

Kushboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wouldnt you think to meet up at a different place if you have been tearing it up for the past few fri nights?
That is the same thing i thought ....:what:

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The pizza boy dude man was talking to in that move was actually the director. ha.
no way!

anyway, im glad that happened, maybe next time they'll think and take it to a track....

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sitting in parking lots..and *red light racing* was cool when iwas like..15?
you were 15 like almost yesterday :what:

sucks they got busted but it's hard to resist seeing a 95 hatch with a b16, i/h/e, cam gears and JDM front lip taking on a gutted crx with a z6 and a header. :shock: The crx doesn't want a short ram and apexi ws because he doesn't want to get f**ked with by the cops. :lol:

EFB18

High Mimbeer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm 22..haha..

might meet up with some people at on the border..hastings or something..

i dunno..parking lot pimp'n has lost it's flare for me..haha

but it's cool..hate to see fellow import owners get busted...should have a little more carefull

*smoke some.buuuuddd and you'll stay paranoid enough to watch your back*

Hkarmy

Kushboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm 22..haha..

might meet up with some people at on the border..hastings or something..

i dunno..parking lot pimp'n has lost it's flare for me..haha

but it's cool..hate to see fellow import owners get busted...should have a little more carefull

*smoke some.buuuuddd and you'll stay paranoid enough to watch your back*
Damn right

i know that feeling way to well :oops:

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
60 cruisers for this? why dont they use 60 cruisers to go bust up a crack house or some s**t. i am not saying its right but i think theres way bigger problems than street racing for which 60 cruisers could have been used for.

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah, dumb f**ks

That's why when a "organized" street racing scene takes place, you have to keep changing the "where" you race. The few times that I have attended one of this........was at ??????? in SD, well let just say it was close to the border (tijuana) and if the cops show up,2-3 blocks away is the border to TJ and your free=) Then we all go eat some tacos.........................

Hkarmy

Kushboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah, dumb f**ks

That's why when a "organized" street racing scene takes place, you have to keep changing the "where" you race. The few times that I have attended one of this........was at ??????? in SD, well let just say it was close to the border (tijuana) and if the cops show up,2-3 blocks away is the border to TJ and your free=) Then we all go eat some tacos.........................
That is hella smart lol haha taco nights=)

Status
Not open for further replies.