stretching tires?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you dont do it to improve handling or anything stupid like that

you do it to make it easier to fit your wheels.

it is not unsafe. unless you are retarded and dont know how to park next to a curb. ive never even heard of a stretched tire coming off the bead, even with heavy tracking.

that picture of the torn out sidewall. that happens when you use too much ether to set the bead, it happens every once in a while but you can USUALLY get the tire replaced under warranty.

235 on a 9.5j SEXY

Is it just me or is the tire mounted in the wrong direction and has to be on the other side of the car?

I only drift with my civic in the snow...:naughty:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that looks dumb to me just my 2 cents^

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^
Thats honestly not that bad. Small stretch looks fine to me.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't a lot of the slammed civic guys buy smaller diameter tires to fit without rubbing? If stretching a bit renders the same results, then I say it's just as dumb as getting smaller diameter tires. Neither of which are dumb in my book. An extreme stretch like some of those are retarded, but a moderate stretch like LongGrain showed isn't bad.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah his isnt bad its not a huge stretch, but some of those pics look goofy, the wheel is all sticking out, just asking for a curb

Adrian Peterson

5+ Year Member
Don't a lot of the slammed civic guys buy smaller diameter tires to fit without rubbing? If stretching a bit renders the same results, then I say it's just as dumb as getting smaller diameter tires. Neither of which are dumb in my book. An extreme stretch like some of those are retarded, but a moderate stretch like LongGrain showed isn't bad.
I would really like to see pictures of what you speak of. I'm pretty sure that's rather unsafe.. I would love to see it..

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would really like to see pictures of what you speak of. I'm pretty sure that's rather unsafe.. I would love to see it..
i think he means a smaller sidewall tire. like getting a 195-40 instead of a 195-50 tire. its a smaller overall diameter.