stretching tires?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really think its plenty safe, as long as your not doing any crazy cornering. It's fine for normal driving.
What happens when a deer jumps in the road and you swerve? There goes the tire off the rim (unless you're running high pressures like 45psi up) and next thing you know you're riding on the lip of the rim (seen a car flip during atuox from that).

Not safe.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A normal tire underinflated can roll off the rim in an emergency situation, a stretched tire is putting even more stress on the sidewalls and further exposing the rim to catching asphalt.

JDM-EF8

5+ Year Member
ur right about that but .. u deff inatly have to maintain the tire pressure and take care of them

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't run a stretch under 45psi.

JDMchula

c0up3 stAY Fr3SH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i seen a coupe eg wit streched tires didnt look good if a honda has 2 do it i think the bubbles and a rex can get away wit it but not 2 streched

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i plan to fit 205's on 8inch wide rims, having a stretched tire is not that bad as long as u dont get stoopid with it.

JDM-EF8

5+ Year Member
i plan to fit 205's on 8inch wide rims, having a stretched tire is not that bad as long as u dont get stoopid with it.
ull rub with 205s on a 8 inch rim.... if its a honda trust me it happened to me then i had to buy the 195s and they fit perfect :cool:

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You poor civic guys, I can run 245's without stretching.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
doesnt look safe to me....just buy the right sized tires lol...if you have to low of a offset well thats your fault for buying the wrong size rims...

d r i v e n

foul dog scut!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is a style? it looks like complete s**t and does nothing but risk safety. To each his own I guess.

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just talked to my neighbor that has 225's on a 10 rim and he said he's never had any problems... Looks kinda scary though.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there is no point in doin that on a civic, since its bascially for "drifting" so they can slide easy, if you are drifting a civic your a idiot, just get the right size and be done with it

ryanM

you dont do it to improve handling or anything stupid like that

you do it to make it easier to fit your wheels.

it is not unsafe. unless you are retarded and dont know how to park next to a curb. ive never even heard of a stretched tire coming off the bead, even with heavy tracking.

that picture of the torn out sidewall. that happens when you use too much ether to set the bead, it happens every once in a while but you can USUALLY get the tire replaced under warranty.

235 on a 9.5j SEXY