Strip Screw

TMavC5

5+ Year Member
Hi guys,

I was having one hella of a time removing the screw that hold the Rotor in (2). After dying trying and the end result was I striped the damn thing. Now I can get my rotor out. Do any of you know any good tools that can remove it?

Thanks

ryanM

not really sure, would an easy out work :what: your probably gonna have to drill it out i would assume.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tired using the craftsman easy out on a rotor screw... didn't work for s**t...

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude just use a drill bit a tiny bit smaller than the head of the screw. Once you remove the head the rest comes out easy. I had to do this when I did my brakes last week, takes 5 minutes.

TMavC5

5+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
dude just use a drill bit a tiny bit smaller than the head of the screw. Once you remove the head the rest comes out easy. I had to do this when I did my brakes last week, takes 5 minutes.
Dude, I kid you not. Its freaking impossible to remove this damn screw. I got the other one out but with alot of efforts. This one ran away from me. =) I'll figure it out soon enough. Just wanted to hear from some of you and see if any of you had the same problem as me.

Thanks to those that reply. Keep it coming.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you are supposed to use an impact screw driver on those BEFORE they strip.. i also recommend replacing them after every rotor change.. they are cheap through the dealer..

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
impact drivers rock.

Hammer + Screwdriver = teh win

Also = non-stripped screws

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just bought a set of those easy outs. But I need to try them out. I think they would work for you and they are pretty cheap for as much as I would use them.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yup an impact driver is what you need, if you have any kind of a head left on that thing give the impact driver a try before drilling it out

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hahaha same thing happened to me but the screws holding the dist cap on... the bolt snapped and the screw extractor snapped in that then the little ear type thing where the bolt goes in snapped lol... im like wtf now i need a new dist just for a 30 $ change...

TMavC5

5+ Year Member
Thank you all with the response. I just luv this place. =) Took the car in and have the CV Boots replaced, they took the strip bolt out for free. =) (no charge).

Thanks